Question Triton 18 TRX - New vs Used?

So I'm in the market for a new-to-me boat and after looking at a lot of different brands/models, I keep coming back to the 18 TRX. This just seems like an extremely versatile boat that's just big enough with a 200 HP to handle anything while also small enough to not fish like a barge. I've read some of the threads on here and other places, lots of positives about this boat. I have a difficult parking situation for my boat - a sloping, 90 degree driveway through a narrow passage to my garage. So I need a single axle trailer, but I have room in the garage for up to a 20' boat with a swing tongue trailer. But backing it in there is a challenge...I currently have a 2010 Bass Cat PII on a single axle and I can get it in there with a little effort. Once it's in the garage it fits nicely.

I do have a Triton dealer in my area, so that's a plus. A guy in my club bought a brand new 19 TRX Patriot from them last year and he loves it...he's had a few minor issues, but nothing major and has been taken care of by the dealer or Triton/Mercury every time. And it's a really sweet boat!

So my questions with the 18 TRX are about ordering a new one through a dealer, buying a new one off a dealer lot or trying to find a used one. So far, I haven't been able to find any used ones within 1000 miles of me! I'm on the west coast and while there are a few Triton's out here, they just aren't as popular as other brands. So for used, I'm going to have to travel some, which isn't a big deal. There are a few 2022 models still on dealer lots, but only one within 500 miles of me. So I'd have to travel some for that option and then have to settle for how the boat is configured. But it's doable.

For those of you that ordered a new one, what went well and what didn't? What would you do different or want the dealer to do different? How long was the wait?

Anyone buy one off a dealer lot? How was that experience?

Anyone regret buying a used one?

As for the boat itself, anything that you don't like about it? How are the trailers?

Thanks in advance for any info and help!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    check PM
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

3. Member
    I went to dealer to order an 18 TRX but walked into the showroom and found exactly what I would have ordered except the color. The color in stock looked very good and went with my truck. Boat had been in stock several months and January was kind of slow so owner was ready to deal. Accepted my offer and included a nice Triton cover.”

If you want to pm your cell number or email I can send a few pics.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

That's awesome, thanks! I sent you both PM's - appreciate the info for sure.
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com

Kinda far from CA but a dealer close to me has four sitting in the showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Kinda far from CA but a dealer close to me has four sitting in the showroom.
    Thanks Grizzly, I did actually look at those but they are all 150 HP. Seems that dealer likes to order them that way to keep the prices down...

Side note - we actually have a residence in North Carolina that will probably be our retirement location. It's my mother-in-law's place but she is living with us now and once I can get my youngest off to college, we may move back there!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    Thanks Grizzly, I did actually look at those but they are all 150 HP. Seems that dealer likes to order them that way to keep the prices down...

Side note - we actually have a residence in North Carolina that will probably be our retirement location. It's my mother-in-law's place but she is living with us now and once I can get my youngest off to college, we may move back there!
    They are not moving and the salesman didn't seem very motivated to make a deal. I just moved here and I am making the rounds to the dealers within an hour or so where I am. Sold my boat before I left NJ.

8. Member
    Text me at 484-919-9354. I will be listing my boat shortly but I am on the East Coast. Thanks, Charles

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesP View Post
    Text me at 484-919-9354. I will be listing my boat shortly but I am on the East Coast. Thanks, Charles
    Just sent you a text, thanks!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com