Thread: Power loading

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Power loading

Curious as to what you guys consider power loading. To me power loading is when I don't have to crank the boat up at all after loading it. When the strap loop hits the front roller. My buddy got yelled at at the ramp yesterday for "power loading" even though he still had to crank it up six inches still.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Power loading is using the big motor to push the boat up to the roller....it can dig out the end of the ramp so some people don't like it being done.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    Using engine propulsion greater than an idle to put boat on trailer after contact with bunks.

4. Member
    Big difference between power loading and gliding the boat onto the trailer. Power loading is illegal at almost all ramps in Michigan. When your boat gets stuck on the bunks due to trailer not being deep enough or at a steep ramp and you then put it forward and hammer down is what I would consider power loading. Our cement pads at most ramps don't go as deep into the water, so the prop wash erodes the bottom at the end of the ramp and could ruin your day if you back the trailer off the concrete.

5. Member

Got a pond here that the Hump from the prop wash will get big enough that once off the trailer you can not back the boat up..... its all sand Power loading pushes sand back to a hump just beyond when your boat floats off the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Using engine propulsion greater than an idle to put boat on trailer after contact with bunks.
    Great explanation.

After contact with the bunks, you use your motor to push the boat up to the roller. If you drive onto your trailer at idle until it contacts the bunks, then crank the rest of the way up with wench, I would not consider that "power loading"

9. Banned
    power loading is the only right way

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    power loading is the only right way

11. Member
    This, giving throttle to 3000 rpm is power loading.
    Fish have fins, they swim

12. Member
    Power loading is another way to draw attention to yourself, much like vroom-vrooming your Hardly as you approach a stop sign. It is very similar to causing your diesel truck to emit excessive black smoke, commonly called Smoking Pole. Idle and crank it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasCobaltKen View Post
    Power loading is another way to draw attention to yourself, much like vroom-vrooming your Hardly as you approach a stop sign. It is very similar to causing your diesel truck to emit excessive black smoke, commonly called Smoking Pole. Idle and crank it.
    Idiotic post!!!

In my part of the country, doing it this way would be the one drawing attention.

15. Member
    I don't understand the decision making process that restricts the length of the concrete pad. Seems like maybe another 4" of pad and this would be a moot point.
    GETFISHED !!!

I have never heard it called that... EVER and I am on national forums and pages.

Why someone would want to refer to that as a sexual act I have no clue.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I don't understand the decision making process that restricts the length of the concrete pad. Seems like maybe another 4" of pad and this would be a moot point.
    Exactly. I say this all of the time. Why don't they build the ramps correctly so that this is not an issue. Power loading is the best way to load almost all boats that use a bunk trailer, it also saves a lot of time at the ramps.

Put concrete or chunk rock where it is necessary so that the ramp lasts.

18. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    the term is Rolling Coal.....smoking pole is a completely different topic all together.....
    Last edited by bdog7198; 05-12-2022 at 09:09 AM.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    the term is Smoking Coal.....smoking pole is a completely different topic all together.....
    I thought it was referred to as rolling coal?

I thought it was referred to as rolling coal?
    It is.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast