Thread: Avid vs. Vexus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Avid vs. Vexus

I know these are virtually the same rig and I am looking at both and both have ➕️ and ➖️... so to those who have researched both or had both any info you could give would be greatly appreciated
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

2. Member
    Not really sure I'd say they are the virtually the same rig, but I will say Vexus has an advantage with the fact that there's only a handful of Avid dealers in the country. I'd also take a close look at the difference in warranties. For some odd reason Avid doesn't have it's warranty posted on the site. You have to ask for it. That seems odd.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Avid - Limited Lifetime hull warranty

After much research of both I bought an Avid. Biggest factor was the .125 hull, the entire hull not just the bottom on the newest Vexus. The original Vexus were all .100 as are the current Rangers of which I have also had.
    The Avid seems to be much faster. This week at the ramp a guy had an all .100 2080 Vexus with a 200 ProXS, he said it ran 63, no poles, dual console. Mine still in the first 3 hours of break in motor trimmed all the way down plowing water for break-in is running 51 at 5,000 rpms. They said after breakin it should run 68mph.
    I have had most of them, some are just better than others.

I love the way it rides an fishes, flat like my Ranger(s) and does not blow around and rock. My last boat was a Bass Cat Jaguar as a comparison. I have had numerous aluminum boats of various manufactures and this one is hands down the best and so far one of my favorite boats out of approaching 50. It also tows well, doing it over I would go with the all aluminum trailer.

I have the new 200 Yamaha SHO.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT180 View Post
    I love the way it rides an fishes, flat like my Ranger(s) and does not blow around and rock. My last boat was a Bass Cat Jaguar as a comparison. I have had numerous aluminum boats of various manufactures and this one is hands down the best and so far one of my favorite boats out of approaching 50. It also tows well, doing it over I would go with the all aluminum trailer.

I have the new 200 Yamaha SHO.
    Whichever I end up with later on this year will have a 200 also really like the open concept on the rod tubes of the avid and as they are the same boat basically other than hull thickness and rod tubes it's gonna come down to warranty and availability I think ... I think I like the switch panel on the vexus better though also
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

6. Member
    Avid - Limited Lifetime hull warranty

After much research of both I bought an Avid. Biggest factor was the .125 hull, the entire hull not just the bottom on the newest Vexus. The original Vexus were all .100 as are the current Rangers of which I have also had.
    The Avid seems to be much faster. This week at the ramp a guy had an all .100 2080 Vexus with a 200 ProXS, he said it ran 63, no poles, dual console. Mine still in the first 3 hours of break in motor trimmed all the way down plowing water for break-in is running 51 at 5,000 rpms. They said after breakin it should run 68mph.
    63 > 51. So far the Vexus is faster. I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch...

I am in break in, no trim at all, nose down plow. I will count my chickens, as I have many years of experience making boats run even though this is not my objective with this boat, lots of potential, I have done my homework. If a X19 will run mid 70s this one will run 65-68.

The Vexus layout and trailer is nice, no problem there. One thing you may want to check out is the paint, people complain about the soft case paint, Imron on the Avid from my experience so far it is pretty tough.

9. Member
    The Vexus layout and trailer is nice, no problem there. One thing you may want to check out is the paint, people complain about the soft case paint, Imron on the Avid from my experience so far it is pretty tough.
    That is the biggest current complaint I hear about the vexus models is the paint ... I like to be the guy who has something different and either would fit that bill lol
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

10. Member
    I took a good long look over an Avid the other day and I have to say the quality was impressive. The fit and finish was a step above any other aluminum rigs I’ve seen including Vexus. The welds were works of art also.

11. Member
    Does anyone know if the avid has remote drain plug option I can't find one and haven't seen anyone talk about it in any of the many walk through or review videos I have saw
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeouachita View Post
    I took a good long look over an Avid the other day and I have to say the quality was impressive. The fit and finish was a step above any other aluminum rigs I’ve seen including Vexus. The welds were works of art also.
    How does the pricing of an Avid compare to Vexus?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeouachita View Post
    How does the pricing of an Avid compare to Vexus? I guess I could compare on the websites. What I don’t understand is how the Avid 19XB only weighs 40 lbs. more than a RT188 when the maximum beam is 5” greater and is made of 0.125” material compared to 0.100 material.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    How does the pricing of an Avid compare to Vexus? I guess I could compare on the websites. What I don’t understand is how the Avid 19XB only weighs 40 lbs. more than a RT188 when the maximum beam is 5” greater and is made of 0.125” material compared to 0.100 material.
    I’m not sure how the prices compare. I tried to build one on their site and my build sheet did not show pricing. I noticed they seem light on their weights also. It seems like I read somewhere that the .125 doesn’t start until the 20’ lengths. That may not be correct though.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    How does the pricing of an Avid compare to Vexus?
    I just got a loaded Nitro Pro 19 and ended up getting a Ranger remote plug put on it by the dealership. The first one was backwards and showed open when it was closed, so the they ordered the opposite and it worked out well so far.

As far as pricing from my experience, comparatively equipped the Avid is more expensive. Now mine has the new SHO which is the most expensive motor option.
    Last edited by PT180; 05-16-2022 at 01:45 PM.

17. Member
    Gator Trax is the best built Aluminum boat.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    Gator Trax is the best built Aluminum boat.

Maybe but more expensive
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

19. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I’m going to look at a 19 XB my dealer has coming in 2 weeks. If it looks good I’m gonna order one with a 150 as soon as they start the 2023’s. The 20 XB a buddy has looks nice. Only complaint I have and main reason I wanna see the 19 in person is the back deck on the 20 is way to big. Would rather see that space in the front deck.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

20. Member
    I saw my first Avid Boat on the way from a Vacation in Alabama I think it was. There were 3 boats all at a Gas Station and I notice one said Avid on it. Look pretty good, but I did not get to talk withn the Owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast