Thread: Avid vs. Vexus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am shopping for a boat right now and have looked at both. They are decent boats but you are going to pay. The excuse I get from the dealers is it's the price of aluminum. I would have to say the Avid wins for craftmanship on the welds alone like others have said. They are basically the same boat. The warranty would make me choose one over the other. Vexus doesn't warranty the transom for life and Avid doesn't publish theirs.

Vexus -
    Internal Structural Hull Components (stringers, ribs, bulkheads and transom) -- The limited warranty coverage period for Structural Hull Defects in internal structural hull components runs for five (5) years.

Avid -
    ???
    Last edited by Grizzly; 05-21-2022 at 06:06 AM.

GATORTRAX
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I am shopping for a boat right now and have looked at both. They are decent boats but you are going to pay. The excuse I get from the dealers is it's the price of aluminum. I would have to say the Avid wins for craftmanship on the welds alone like others have said. They are basically the same boat. The warranty would make me choose one over the other. Vexus doesn't warranty the transom for life and Avid doesn't publish theirs.

Vexus -
    Internal Structural Hull Components (stringers, ribs, bulkheads and transom) -- The limited warranty coverage period for Structural Hull Defects in internal structural hull components runs for five (5) years.

Avid -
    ???
    Hull on vexus is lifetime for the original owner I believe the same on avid... the 5 year hull is to second owner
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Quote Originally Posted by NRXfever View Post
    Hull on vexus is lifetime for the original owner I believe the same on avid... the 5 year hull is to second owner
    Nope. They spell out external and internal.

External Structural Hull Welds for life, Internal Structural Hull Components for five (5) years.

External Structural Hull Welds -- For the first retail purchaser of a new Vexus® aluminum boat, the limited warranty coverage period for external Structural Hull Defects in external structural hull welds runs for as long as that first retail purchaser continuously owns the boat. For an eligible second retail purchaser as spelled out below, the limited warranty coverage period for Structural Hull Defects in the external structural hull welds will run for up to five (5) years from the date the limited warranty period began to run for the first retail purchaser, but no longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12