Just replaced my H18 with a X19, 10 inch manual up, with a 200 SHO. What prop?

Hello Xpress owners, I am very excited to now step up a notch with the X19. It currently has a crap PT prop on it. Should I start with a 25 VMAX SHO 3 blade? Or should I get a 24 FXP OT4. The previous owner had a 26 Bravo on it and could get it up to 68 mph, but I felt like he was lugging the motor at 5600 rpms. I want to start from scratch with the setup myself, Just looking for a good prop to start with. Any help would be much appreciated! Been a member here for years, just have not posted much. My previous H18 I ran a 23 Turbo Txp on my 150 and could get 62 out of it in the winter. I usually load them pretty heavy though....

2. Member
    T-bob? Sparky? Anyone?

The consensus here is a TXP 25. I went with the Turbo FXP(same as a Vmax SHO) 25 because I could not find a TXP at the time. I run a very heavy load, 0 to the low 60s is fast but it takes a long lake for me to hit top speed around 68 to 72, depending on water conditions. I have no hole shot, the boat lifts up level and goes. I do want to try a 4 blade TXP. I am going to lithiums this year and curious to see what loosing 100 pounds of battery will do to it.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

4. Member
    Thanks for the input! Like you, I run 4 batteries and a lot of weight. Did the 25 FXP get the proper RPM? I would like to prop this boat to where I can push 5900 to 6000. I was fearing that the 25 might be too much prop. I may go ahead and try the 24 TXP OT4 first. I know the TXPs run about a pitch to a pitch and a half stiff also. It is good to know that the FXP can push my rig to 70 though. Thanks! I will post results once I try that 4 blade. Did you have to run that FXP high on the jack plate?

5. Member
    I guess that trying to buy a Turbo FXP, Txp OT4 or SHO prop is out of the question! Thanks a lot Biden! Those props have all been on a national back order since October of last year. The sunny side is, I was able to pay 300 dollars more for a 24 Bravo I, " pro finish" finish prop! Going to receive it tomorrow. Hopefully I can give you all some good numbers next week on just how much pad clearance, RPM and speed is concerned for my X19 next week. Hopefully. It will turn the correct amount of RPM and allow for some great top end speed. I feel like a Guinea pig now...Hoping that 200 SHO will turn it to 5900 or better with great speed and handling..
    Last edited by huffeye; 05-20-2022 at 02:36 AM. Reason: typo

6. Member
    What year X19 do you have? The late 2018’s and later are a little heavier and slower and need to be propped a little lower than the older ones with the same motor. I’ve tested a ton of props on my 2018 X19 and have found most props in the 24 pitch range run well. FXP, Vmax SHO, Tempest Plus,etc. 25p TXP was too much prop for my rig. I still have the 24p Vmax SHO but I also have a 25p Mercury Bravo FS that stays on my boat. Keep in mind, that series of Bravo runs a pitch low. So while it’s a 25p, it spins like the 24p props I mentioned.

7. Member
    I have a 2018 X19. The previous owner was trying to make a 26 Bravo work. It would run good at wide open, but was a dog out of the hole. Top end rpm was not where it should be either. 5600 at best. I hope that new 24 Bravo will be perfect as far as rpms are concerned. Although, I do run it heavy with all of my tackle and equipment. I may get to test that 24 Bravo this week. You have me concerned that my 24 may just be too small? I hope not. You are right about those TXPs, they seem to run a pitch, or pitch and a half stiff.

8. Member
    Older X19 (2001) and carbed 200 Vmax.... Running a 26 Trophy plus all plugs in, no exhaust ring. She jumps out of the hole like nobody's business. Rides smooth but slightly more level that I like. I am shy a couple MPH on top end from a 23" Scorpion (tweaked on cup) Effectively like a 26". Both run max RPM. The Trophy plus is the better all around for sure.

9. Member
    Hopefully when I get a chance to run my boat with the 24 Bravo, it will be right. Seems the 2018 and newer X19s are built heavier and do not run as well as the older ones. With the weight that I have in the boat, hopefully it will run in the low 70 range with the proper RPM. If not? Do I try and wait for the now fictitious 25 FXP 3 blade? It is very tough right now to find ANY Yamaha/turbo prop. All back ordered since last October, no shipping dates in site. Really wanted a TXP OT4 24. This Bravo should run good. Maybe I will get a chance to test it this week

10. Member
    I've had several x19's but only one had a yamaha and I've tried all kinds of props and always settled on a 4 blade, although you might get a little more top end speed from a 3 blade overall performance is better with a 4 blade.

11. Member
    Finally had the chance to swap props. The previous owner had a PT 3 blade that would only turn 5600 rpm with a top speed of only 57 mph. He had it set at 1.5 inches below the pad. I intentionally loaded the rig up with a heavy tournament load to compare. I put the 24 pitch Bravo 1, professional finished 4 blade on and the rig came to life! I could get 65 mph now at 6k rpms. It also handles MUCH better and has an AWSOME hole shot. Of course I had all PVS holes fully plugged. The other thing that impressed me was that I could run on plane at 25 mph with NO porpoising whatsoever! I believe I can get more out of it now when I mess with the engine height. Overall, the X19 seems to LOVE the 4 blade Bravo in a 24 pitch