Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. BIG BLUE NATION
    Prayers that the good Lord will lay his hands on and embrace Scott with with a healing and continue with a complete and healthy recovery……..

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Prayers sent my friend
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    for the best

4. Member
    Jeff do you have an update on your Brother ?

5. Member
    Prayer sent.

for your brother, you, and your families.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

7. Member

Update: He has a couple A-Fib incidents over night. He brought himself out of them, except for one and the meds solved that one. They are now saying it is sepsis. His BP is doing much better this morning, but his heart rate fluctuates a lot right now. They just took him do a CAT scan and to drain the abscess. Once they drain it, they can culture the fluid and exactly identify the infection and give him the exact antibiotic to kill it. Right now, we’re cautiously optimistic, but things could change quickly. They reduced the drug that kept him unconscious, so I did whisper that I was there and he nodded. I told him to ask Jesus for help and he nodded.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

He will continue being in my prayers. Thanks for the update

11. Member
    Prayers continue for Scott and your entire family during this tough time.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    No one has mentioned sepsis. Just the staph infection. They are giving him a wide range of anti-biotics.
    Jeff,
    Sepsis is a potentially life-threatening condition that occurs when the body's response to an infection damages its own tissues, whether it can be propagated by staph infection, I do not know, though I have found this statement- Staphylococcus aureus (staph) is a germ found on people's skin. Staph can cause serious infections if it gets into the blood and can lead to sepsis or death.

I was on Daptomycin infusion for 12 wks in combination with Ciprofloxacin for 3 mo. Later, I was eased off the Cipro due to the contrarian side effect to my tendons and ligaments, and put on Doxycycline which I just stopped taking.

BTW, you may want to do another post on Increasin' our Faith forum, which has many members that would love to help with prayers and support during these hard time for you and your family.

My prayers and that of all of our congregation are with you and your family,
    Frank

13. Member
    Prayers.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

14. Member

15. Member
    for brother

I mentioned sepsis cause a leaking cyst will cause it and then that causes vein issues which cause low blood pressure . It seems the the antibiotics are starting to help and if they drain it things will improve rapidly
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

" Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

19. Member
    Continued prayers

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    I mentioned sepsis cause a leaking cyst will cause it and then that causes vein issues which cause low blood pressure . It seems the the antibiotics are starting to help and if they drain it things will improve rapidly
    We just got a report from the Doc. There were two sacs of infection, one on each side of his spine. The material inside the sacs was too thick to drain. They’re going to reevaluate the situation. But, his BP is better and stable. But heart rate is still fluctuating. Doc says that he’s still cautiously optimistic.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast