Thread: Best Buys Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Buys Now

What's the best buy that you guys see right now with the current sell off prices? I see a few, but can't pull the trigger yet

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Freezer meat, toilet paper, canned goods, fuel stabilizer and gas

I almost bought some stuff today, but I'm not there yet. Part of me wants to buy now at these levels. But, I know I should wait till the fall to see how the market is handling max QT.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Freezer meat, toilet paper, canned goods, fuel stabilizer and gas

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ plus Series I Savings Bonds, fishing/hunting supplies, home repairs, etc.

4. Member
    Beans and rice. Goes a long way for cheap I'm waiting for a couple to drop some more but they are almost at a 5 year low.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

5. Member
    Glad we're all in the same boat

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I did some buying this morning. Steaks, toilet paper and some stocks.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    XLY and XLK. I’m really getting hit hard on these two. Should I be dumping them?

8. Member
    Im adding a little to JEPI as it drops. The covered call portion gives you some downside protection and the premiums and yield get you 7-10 percent and it pays monthly. Buying as it drops in small increments. It will drop but not as much as the market. It is down 8.12 % ytd but the yield has been higher than that. Im going to add agressively if it gets down in the low 50s. You can read up on it on the JP Morgan site.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Im adding a little to JEPI as it drops. The covered call portion gives you some downside protection and the premiums and yield get you 7-10 percent and it pays monthly. Buying as it drops in small increments. It will drop but not as much as the market. It is down 8.12 % ytd but the yield has been higher than that. Im going to add agressively if it gets down in the low 50s. You can read up on it on the JP Morgan site.
    JEPI looks great. Are there any other ETFs that are comparable to JEPI that you can think of? The expense ratio I’m guessing is high due to the payout which is really nice.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    JEPI looks great. Are there any other ETFs that are comparable to JEPI that you can think of? The expense ratio I’m guessing is high due to the payout which is really nice.
    I have looked at others but was not a fan of their structure. I like JEPI because it has an actively managed portfolio of blue chip dividend stocks it holds that pays about 2-3 percent in dividends. The rest of the distribution is the option premium they generate selling out of the money calls on S&P 500 futures. The monthly distribution changes based on the premium they generate. I like this structure since they only pay you what they make whereas other products set a level distribution and may be returning capital in some cases it can be a destructive return that erodes its net asset value. You can call JP Morgan and they can go over the whole structure. I called with a few questions and they were helpful. There are also articles on it in Seeking Alpha. Now this can fall like any other etf but it has held up so far much better than the S&P.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    What's the best buy that you guys see right now with the current sell off prices? I see a few, but can't pull the trigger yet
    When it dips hard I add to FNCL, OMF, VZ, WPC, WMT, PG, DVN, and MMM. I don’t know where and when the bottom will be so I’m only going after solid dividends or stocks that I feel will do good with high interest rates. Im keeping an eye on AAPL, GOOG, AMZN, UNH, ISRG, HD, and NVDA. I’ve been day/week trading MA, ULTA, and VOO.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I have looked at others but was not a fan of their structure. I like JEPI because it has an actively managed portfolio of blue chip dividend stocks it holds that pays about 2-3 percent in dividends. The rest of the distribution is the option premium they generate selling out of the money calls on S&P 500 futures. The monthly distribution changes based on the premium they generate. I like this structure since they only pay you what they make whereas other products set a level distribution and may be returning capital in some cases it can be a destructive return that erodes its net asset value. You can call JP Morgan and they can go over the whole structure. I called with a few questions and they were helpful. There are also articles on it in Seeking Alpha. Now this can fall like any other etf but it has held up so far much better than the S&P.
    That interesting, thanks for the info. And it has held up very well. I’ll look at starting a position.

13. Member
    When it dips hard I add to FNCL, OMF, VZ, WPC, WMT, PG, DVN, and MMM. I don’t know where and when the bottom will be so I’m only going after solid dividends or stocks that I feel will do good with high interest rates. Im keeping an eye on AAPL, GOOG, AMZN, UNH, ISRG, HD, and NVDA. I’ve been day/week trading MA, ULTA, and VOO.
    I think about 95% of the stocks I own pay a dividend. I like the ones that have a payout ratio under 60% and that grow them each year. If PG falls low enough I will definitly buy that as well as HD. AVGO is another one Im watching. Bought some during the pandemic and the yoeld was over 4% and they have been increasing their dividends by double digits each year.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Bought some GOOGL, GNRC, FB and TSLA. We'll see what happens.
    Thanos was the hero

15. idbefishing
    Nitro>>is there a way to track which OTM strikes JEPI is selling?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Nitro>>is there a way to track which OTM strikes JEPI is selling?
    They may have that on their site. They are actually using S&P futures so I think they show the futures in their holdings. WhennI talked to them they said the expirations were 30 days.

17. Member
    That is a lot of good companies in your list.

following
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    That is a lot of good companies in your list.
    Thanks. I sold MA and ULTA on the Friday bump up. I will probably buy them back next week when the market dumps again.

20. Member
    Thanks. I sold MA and ULTA on the Friday bump up. I will probably buy them back next week when the market dumps again.
    That's the way to do it. Some pretty nice swings on those. Do you think AMC and the other meme stocks are going to take off again? Some of the action lately makes me think they may

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast