Question Jackplate question for 206 DCX

What would be the best Jackplate to rig on Champion 206DCX with the new V8 Mercury 250 ProXs... Pat or anyone???

Tks DShull
    Darrell Shull
    Prosperity, SC
    2021 Charger 210 Elite , 2023 Mercury V8 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Manual Jackplate = 10'' Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack Magnum
    Hydraulic Jackplate = 10'' Bobs Machine Shop Action Series

3. Member
    I have a 2004 206 Elite DC that came with a 10" Bob's Hydraulic on it, it had a 225 HO Rude then it now has a 2015 250 Pro XS the 10" works well.

4. Member
    What prop and speeds you seeing with your set up
    Darrell Shull
    Prosperity, SC
    2021 Charger 210 Elite , 2023 Mercury V8 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    The hole shot was the issue, with full load, gear, two people, more than half a tank of gas and I was still good, fill the live well with all this and you have hit the difference maker you still get out but much slower.

My best hole shot has come with a Bravo 25P i have 8 holes in it 4 open 4 with med plugs. I have run the Tempest Plus in 25P and the hole shot was bad even with lighter load. The 4 blade should be a better hole shot the good part was a 4 blade is suppose to be a little slower but I actually picked up 2 or 3 mph with the Bravo.

Top end speed fully loaded (which the boat generally is and I carry a lot of gear, to much) is about 62, 63 good day 64 and in my top end unlike hole shot full live well or empty live well does not make much difference on top end. When I had the motor put on the installers at the marina test drove it totally empty no gear at all less than half tank of gas and two guys they GPS it top end at 72 mph and showed me the save screen shot, I have never run it that way?

I am 65 now, low 60's top end is fine for me I am more about hole shot which in rough water conditions a slow hole shot can be an issue, knowing I am right at that weight point when live wells make a difference I am looking to make another change to try and improve that, I am looking at going to Lithium batteries. With 4 wet cell sitting right in the transom and the weight is approx. 250 pounds I can go to lithium and get down to about 80 or 90 pounds, I am thinking that could make the difference for me.

6. Member
    I put a 250 ProXS and 8" Atlas Hydraulic Plate on my 202. I am still running a 25 Tempest Plus. I see GPS speeds of 70.6 MPH. I have no desire to go any faster.

7. Member
    I also fully plugged all vent holes.