Active Target Ethernet Cable Install

I have a HDS Live 12 at the console, and a Live 9 and 7 at the bow currently all connected to ethernet and plan to mount the black box under the console. With the Live 7 only having 1 ethernet port my easiest option is to connect the black box to the 12 at the console, then an ethernet cable from the 12 to the 9 and an ethernet cable from the 9 to the 7. This way I won't have to run 3 ethernet cables form the bow to the console. If I plug the ethernet cable from the black box to my console unit, will it cause more of a delay when viewing active target at the bow? Or am I over thinking this?

2. Member
    Nope, Ethernet is very fast and can carry a lot of data. You install sounds about the way that I would do it in your situation.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

I have the exact same setup as you do and my black box is connected to my 9 at the console but I mostly use on my 12 at the bow. 7 networked to 12, 12 networked to the 9 at console. been going strong a little over a year with it
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

Perfect, that's what I figured but wanted to double check before I installed everything. Thanks for the quick replies.