Thread: Stablecoin

Stablecoin

Looks like it broke the buck. I would see people saying that they were using the stable coin accounts like savings accounts. Well they just lost half of their savings. It looks like the regulators concerns were well founded.

2. Member
    Hit me for a bit

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The more I read and hear about these stable coins the less confidence I have in any crypto. So much wealth literally evaporated overnight.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Question: WWWD?
    Answer: Not buy crypto.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    The more I read and hear about these stable coins the less confidence I have in any crypto. So much wealth literally evaporated overnight.
    It should have been a red flag when they were paying 9% and saying it was like a money market account. I think Josh Browns partner Michael Batnick said that was where he was parking his cash. Hope he got out. I wonder if we will see a wider spillover. We have several condo projects in Miami where people wanted to leave their deposits in crypto. If that is where they had their cash to vlose then they may not be buying when these are complete. People really do stupid things.

6. Member
    One word ... Ecuador.

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    https://www.ft.com/content/5887ef43-...c-aacc99f076b9

It's "secret sauce" thats backing tether

Big Mac sauce
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    It should have been a red flag when they were paying 9% and saying it was like a money market account. I think Josh Browns partner Michael Batnick said that was where he was parking his cash. Hope he got out. I wonder if we will see a wider spillover. We have several condo projects in Miami where people wanted to leave their deposits in crypto. If that is where they had their cash to vlose then they may not be buying when these are complete. People really do stupid things.
    20% on my ust looked good for a while, but I’m not foolish enough to jump head first at least