Power pole foot switches mounting location

Ok the only thing I haven't done thus far to my boat is to mount the PP foot switches. Things are about to get really good and I'm going to spend 4 days at a lake that has been producing giants over the last several years. It took 32lbs to win last saturday in a 40 boat field. I know I will probably use my poles more this next week than maybe the rest of the year. I've been thinking about where to mount them on my zxr and came up with one place i would like to try. Since the boat is so wide I was thinking of putting them on the aluminum trim that goes across the front of the TM pedal. Up on one side and down on the other. I don't want to drill holes in case I end up not liking them there. I got some adhesive dots and stuck one down with that. It seems pretty stuck but you can wiggle it a little bit. Anyone mounted them there with a adhesive and have them come off or got any pictures of where you mounted yours on your zxr or fxr and pros and cons for the location.

Thanks in Advance.

I considered mounting mine there, but went ahead and mounted them on the deck to the right of the trolling motor pedal. The main reason is because I use mine so much I wanted the switches to be somewhere easily accessible at all times.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I put mine both on the port side of the trolling motor pedal, toward the front of the boat, use mine frequently, but that way they are basically out of the way when getting in the boat, and not in the way when you’re fishing, pretty much under the trolling motor wires when it’s stowed

4. Member
    Mine were already mounted (right where you’re thinking). I just got used to the location. I don’t see where mounting them in any of the other locations that I’ve seen them would make any significant difference in functionality. Personally, I’m not a big fan of PP’s anyway so my preferences may not be relevant.

I mounted mine yesterday on the ZX225 - went back and forth on both left of TM or one on each side... Finally decided on one on each side. Having both on left it seemed like rods or TM cable might accidentally hit them, but with only one it seemed less of an issue. Might actually be a non-issue thought to be honest. I don't think there is a wrong way - I see some Elite boats having both on right side to TM pedal, but seemed like you might hit them getting in/out of the boat at the bow... I imagine one would get used to any location after a day on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I mounted mine yesterday on the ZX225 - went back and forth on both left of TM or one on each side... Finally decided on one on each side. Having both on left it seemed like rods or TM cable might accidentally hit them, but with only one it seemed less of an issue. Might actually be a non-issue thought to be honest. I don't think there is a wrong way - I see some Elite boats having both on right side to TM pedal, but seemed like you might hit them getting in/out of the boat at the bow... I imagine one would get used to any location after a day on the water.
    And now I've changed it - moved both to the same side. Didn't care for having them so far apart. I also noticed most pro boats have both on the same side, so I figure they probably know something :). Now, as far as left vs right side - seems most pros have them on right side, but I put mine on left up forward under TM essentially - so I wouldn't be stepping on/around them when entering/exiting boat at ramp n such.

7. Member
    Since this came back to life. I will update on where I put mine. I placed them right in front of the TM peddle. One on each side of the aluminum plate. I used gorilla doubled sided adhesive tape. Put the tap on the switch and then cut around the tap to trim it to match the profile of the switch and then stuck on the aluminum. It's worked well. The switches are easy to get at and stick up just a little above the deck. Made use of that space without taking up any room on the deck.

That’s where I put mine too, same boat. No trouble with them so far