Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    13925304_1018348908285597_117634522520021659_n.jpg

Psychopaths may be too harsh, how about 'existential nihilists'?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    I fail to see the problem on rentals or biz making bank this way Market just emerged from years of record low mortgage rates and probably more ppl purchased a home than should have. World needs renters too.
    The problem is, if the market goes completely upside down, the government will bail out the corporations and leave the taxpayer with extra debt.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    The problem is, if the market goes completely upside down, the government will bail out the corporations and leave the taxpayer with extra debt.
    Didn't we just do that a few year ago? Rhetorical question of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Toni, you must be a young guy. No disrespect, but:

I owe my soul to the company store.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Most have zero ability to fix anything or even start a lawn mower … add to that crap credit .. The future is renting to that generation/s

6. Member
    Started seeing it around Houston in 2008/2009.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    The end goal is for everything we need/want to be rented and nothing is owned. I can't say a lot more without this getting locked. Search around and learn about Blackrock Inc. One of the worst things happening to our country out in plain sight but nothing is being done about it because they make their shareholders/investors FILTHY RICH.

Yeppers Glad to see a few of the BBC crowd paying attention to Klaus and crew.

8. Member
    I’ve recently seen quite a few millionaire’s advice/tips saying to rent, not buy homes…. I haven’t fully understood it or the reasoning but I’m not and never will be a millionaire…. I already always rent because I have crap credit and can’t buy anything…. I’m planning to move to DFW area soon and I’ve noticed lots more rental home options than I’ve ever seen in Louisiana…. Sadly, most are out of my price range…(not that I can’t afford it, I just refuse to pay $2500+/month rent…. I’m a construction hand, and when work is good, no problem.. when work gets slow, bills are a problem)

Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    I fail to see the problem on rentals or biz making bank this way Market just emerged from years of record low mortgage rates and probably more ppl purchased a home than should have. World needs renters too.
    The problem is, they are able to drive prices up higher than the normal working family can afford. Real estate prices are quickly becoming so high that no one is going to be able to afford a house anymore and everyone will be forced to rent. These corporations are why houses are going for 50,000+ over asking prices in many places. While it is great for the current home owner, no one will be able to afford a new house anymore. Some states are starting to put laws into place to prevent these big corporations from buying all the houses and renting them out. I feel like this a very slippery slope and they need to start putting some regulations in place.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    This is what the govt wants, when it does happen they have sufficient housing to give all the illegals they have let swarm this country!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Go do some research about Tommy shops in the UK post industrial revolution. Employers reduced the wages by opening up company stores and giving their employees vouchers, rented them the machines and took repair bills out of their wages on the machine, paid them by the piece, provided a home they had to live in to work there, basically just kind of connivingly took ownership of every need in the employees life in return for the job. People are always looking for legal ways to own you.
    Don't need to look at the UK.

Here in AMERICA the Coal Mines paid their workers in Whatever Name of the Owner Bills. Yes that is right if John Smith owned the Mine the Workers were paid in Smith Dollars with his face on them. They were ONLY GOOD at the Company Store, hence the Williams Song.

The Company Owned the Houses the Workers Rented. The Food they bought to eat. The Clothes they bought to wear. The Company Owned EVERYTHING and the Workers once they started working there were pretty much Stuck There for LIFE.

They could not leave without paying their Debts at the Company Store, which could only be paid with Owner Dollars. They were caught in an never ending trap.

Hell back then the Owners Owned the Men that worked for them, not like Slavery but damn close to it. If they went on Strike for better wages the Owners would hire the Pinkerton's to come and Stuff Out the Strike. Men were often SHOT (by that I mean KILLED) for not going back to work by the Pinkertons and nothing was done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Go do some research about Tommy shops in the UK post industrial revolution. Employers reduced the wages by opening up company stores and giving their employees vouchers, rented them the machines and took repair bills out of their wages on the machine, paid them by the piece, provided a home they had to live in to work there, basically just kind of connivingly took ownership of every need in the employees life in return for the job. People are always looking for legal ways to own you.
    Used to be a lot of places in the us that did the same thing. A lot of old mill towns are still around.

13. Bob G's pool boy
    Real estate is a good, if not great investment. Upscaling that which a lot of people have known for a long time is becoming a more popular form of investing to not just big corporations, but to groups of investors pooling resources. Buying up single family, detached homes is not all that different than buying up an apartment complex and renting the units out instead of selling them as "condos".

Unfettered capitalism has its downsides.
    Last edited by billspence; 05-12-2022 at 09:52 AM. Reason: You can view and rent Bob G's deer camp on VRBO or contact him through Truth Social.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

14. Member
    It was suggested to me that a lot of the money for these big real estate deals is coming from foreign investors through the EB-5 Immigration/green card program. I dont know a lot about this, but let's say a wealthy foreign national wants a quick and legal route to a green card immigration VISA. Enter the EB-5 program. For a measly $500K to $750K buy-in/legal bribe whatever you want call it, a green card can be yours in a matter of months rather than years. This money is being channeled through investment firms such as BlackRock. The new citizen now owns a piece of a new large apartment complex or housing development. Money can buy happiness...if you have enough...and I thought I was immune to conspiracy theories.
    Last edited by csurp; 05-12-2022 at 11:02 AM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    13925304_1018348908285597_117634522520021659_n.jpg

Psychopaths may be too harsh, how about 'existential nihilists'?
    Bingo. Once again, blunt TRUTH in your face from Lew. Thanks again. Lew, you need to run for President and expose reality to all the sheep.

16. Member
    It’s the same in the Carolinas. Foreign investment just bought 400 homes in Charlotte to rent.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Bingo. Once again, blunt TRUTH in your face from Lew. Thanks again. Lew, you need to run for President and expose reality to all the sheep.

That is nice of You to type but pretty sure I'm precluded from politics™ as I inhale........... uh...er.... inhaled that one time...

"Wisdom is seeing 'things' it is seeing 'through' things..." You can't see 'it' if You're in it and if You're in it You can't see it.. This is when the Tao Te Ching pays off in Spades re:paradoxical thinking.

I think the kids call it 'cognitive dissonance'

Stay Hydrated...

18. Member
    Interesting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by T. Hill View Post
    It’s the same in the Carolinas. Foreign investment just bought 400 homes in Charlotte to rent.
    There needs to be laws enacted to prevent foreign entities from owning American soil!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

20. Member
    There may have been 10,000 of these cottages built to rent in the Phoenix metro area and couldn’t possibly guess how many “luxury apartments” since 2015. I heard many years ago from a board member of a smaller bank that these projects were in the works many years prior to 2015. Not sure how he knew this would happen. I have also heard these banks plan to sell these out down the road. I guess time will tell.

The thing I wonder about is all the stimulus money the banks got from the feds to buy up the forecloses 2008-2012. Well all that money those banks made seems to be rolling back around into these real estate investments. Who knows where it all ends up. A close wealthy friend just told me the other day that ‘the government is going to buy you one of these luxury cottages and give you 4 cans of beans a week and everybody is gonna be happy happy”!!! Just blows my mind what I see going on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast