Mega live transducer problem

Well stuff happens I guess. While fishing last night I hit a stump that I didn't see and pulled the live transducer off the mount, it pulled the brass nut that is inserted into the transducer looks to me like it is just pressed into the plastic on the transducer wondering if anyone has had this happen and what was done to fix it I think if I can find a good apoxy or some something I can fix it thanks for the help

2. Member
    Never mind just got off the phone with humminbird and they are goin to cover under warranty

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    That's great! Glad they came through for you.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Well I just had the same problem. The brass fitting came out when I hit something. Humminbird is not going to cover it under warranty and will fix it fir $800 which is more than 1/2 the unit price. Going to try epoxy to see if that works.

5. Member
    Physical damage is not usually covered under warranty. Sometimes it makes a difference how it is presented to a help desk. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    I get that but $800 is a ridiculously high cost for this repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapple View Post
    I get that but $800 is a ridiculously high cost for this repair.
    Just in case: Open Water Adapter Kit - MEGA Live | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have a feeling that most Mega Live repairs will actually be Mega Live replacements so $800 isn't that bad for a new Mega Live to replace one that was damaged by the user? How many other things could you get replaced from damage by the user at anything lower than full retail price... hey Mercury, I'm sorry I ran over a rock shelf and sheared off my lower unit. Please replace it for half price

I for one am glad that Humminbird at least will take care of things other than normal warranty repairs.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

9. Member

brass nut

I have the same problem. Gotta try to find a way to fix it myself. I fish Lake Fork mostly so it will happen again and again. I also broke the transducer off my Mega 360 the same way. No way to avoid on Lakes like Lake Fork.

10. Member
    Had the same damage that Trapple experienced. I used a thick epoxy (takes 24 hours to completely cure). Just make sure every is lined up like you want it to be. Worked great. If this were to happened again, there will be some plastic housing coming with it (the brass insert). I am able to change the angle settings for forward mode and to landscape mode just like it came out of the box.

My transducer fell off as I was getting ready to launch. I used blue Lock-Tite and have been fishing several times since. So far, so good.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

12. Member
    I bought one used and it the brass nut fell out while I was installing. Just ordered loctite boat epoxy. I'll post when I find out how it works