Thread: New video-KVD

New video-KVD

After watching this video, it occurred to me that by setting the distance to 100 feet, it has to increase the power. Maybe this is the reason I'm not satisfied with being able to see my lure at 60 feet. I have my distance set to 60 or 70. I can't wait to get on the water and see if this is the answer.

17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Good video again by KVD.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I vary my distance quite a bit while I troll but have never noticed any power difference in under 100 ft vs. over 100 ft but I have my transducer in Landscape Mode and use Down Mode View to display it on my Apex or Solix.

Since I troll, and don't cast, I don't have any experience in picking up my lure when casting but I don't have any problems tracking my trailing Lures at 55'. I did do a test and was able to barely, and I mean barely, pick up my Lures out to just over 90'. I have this in one of my Mega Live YouTube videos.

My typical trolling has my 4 Lures at 40', 45', 50', and 55' from the Mega Live transducer (see pic). I typically have the range set to 80' to 90' but will definitely do some experimenting at 100' to 110' range to see if it makes a difference.

In my latest YouTube video I did see fish all the way out to the edge of the 110' range I had set in Forward Mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    The only two HB pros that I have found, (KVD and Paliniuk (SP) whose videos show their screens. Both were set to 100 feet. I'm thinking HB may have told them to set them there to get the best images since they were promotional videos. Both of their units looked really good as evidenced by this video.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    The only two HB pros that I have found, (KVD and Paliniuk (SP) whose videos show their screens. Both were set to 100 feet. I'm thinking HB may have told them to set them there to get the best images since they were promotional videos. Both of their units looked really good as evidenced by this video.
    Sounds like the range is tied to the SI theory of 2-3x depth. I would not think that 100' ft range in shallower water would produce the same results as in 20-30 fow. But it does offer additional tweaks to experiment with.