Planning an August kayak coast fishing trip

Like the title says, I'm planning a 4-day kayak fishing trip to the TX coast with some friends in August. Mainly targeting reds but would like to spend some time chasing jack, tarpon, ladyfish, or whatever else happens to be swimming around that time of year. Anyone have suggestions for where we should stay? Thinking Port O'Connor or Matagorda, but one in our group has stayed in Rockport as well. Do any of these locations offer more than the others in the way of kayak fishing opportunities?

2. Member
    Be a lot more info on TFF to help answer your question.

3. Member
    Id go with Rockport more inshore area and you can scoot out to the near shore rigs if the weather permits. Along with this you can play around the jetties which is an easy nearshore shot for kings ETC as well. hit me up on here if you see this i have a reasonable amount of yak, jetski, and boat experience between rockport and pins.

4. Member
    If you are in the Rockport or Corpus area, spend the first 1/2 day fishing with Fil Spencer. He's the best kayak guide in the area. Very reasonable pricing and he will teach you enough to make the rest of your trip much more productive.

August is the one time of the year we don’t have wind. That is great for kayak fishing, but it’s gonna be hot. I’d probably fish around one of the jetties, whether Port O or Aransas Pass. Good chance to catch tarpon, jacks, Spanish Mackerel, or sharks.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS