On Board Oil Tank

2012 200 Pro XS 1B86415

Need part number 8M0064075
    Seems nobody has in stock and it keeps getting bumped back. Has been on backorder since September.
    I was told it would be available 5/13 . Just got a call it's going to be another month, minimum.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2012 Ranger Z119 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    I see plenty in stock on <READ ANNOUNCEMENTS>, not OEM but would be better than not having your boat running.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 05-10-2022 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Announcements

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smoken86 View Post
    I see plenty in stock on <EDIT- SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS>, not OEM but would be better than not having your boat running.
    I looked into the Chinese-Aftermarket ones since we have a number of folks that have been waiting with varying degrees of patience for MANY months now.

Unfortunately, from the feedback I've viewed they don't even fit the engine (many are reporting they won't even bolt up).

I wish that I had a viable solution to offer folks at this time- it would make for a lot less stress!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I know I can order the after market parts. From reading the reviews on ###### I can't see shelling out $150 for parts that might only get 3 out of 4 bolts to match up. And then fail after only a couple of hours of usage.
    Last edited by KevinP; 05-10-2022 at 07:43 PM.

5. Member
    I completely understand not wanting a inferior product. Was just relaying what I saw and could probably had been a short term fix for someone in a real pinch. I by no means was trying to sell them.

6. Member
    Try a used outboard salvage company?

7. Member
    Bought a used one. Online. No problem. 50 bucks

I'll have to check it out.
    Thanks

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    Bought a used one. Online. No problem. 50 bucks
    A "good" used one (provided it's clean) is probably a good option at the moment.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Update:
    So I fired up my engine. After cleaning up all visible oil, it seems that I have a very small amount of oil collecting around the screw next to the sending unit at the top of the oil tank. I tried to tighten down but while there is some resistance it won't get tight. Any ideas of a way to seal that screw?

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The screw hole is supposed to be air-tight (ie: not open to the inside of the tank). Could be that the tank is defective, wrong screw was used (too long), overightened, or who knows.

Going to be quite difficult to reseal that. You could try a rubber washer, while it's not the "right" solution, at the moment anything that seals is better than nothing.

Update. I sealed the screw with Silicone cement. Allowed a week to cure. This morning I hooked up the hose, fired up the engine. Allowed to come up to temp. Then slowly increased RPMs to 3000. Backed off to 1500. No sign of leakage. Will it hold? who knows. Will check for update on part. Then decide if I want to tow 2 hrs north to my summer home.