Champlain: Memorial day weekend

Will be staying at holiday harbour lodge and probably fishing Missiquoa bay. Any idea what temps will be that far up. I have only ever fished Ti in early June so this will be new for me.

2. Member
    I would branch out and not limit yourself just to Miss Bay.

3. Member
    Youre a few minutes boat ride from wildly different parts of the lake, so pick a water temp you like and you’ll probably be able to find it. Much of that part of the lake just south of mississquoi bay is 48-49 degrees right now. This week should warm it up a little I hope.

4. Member
    We are staying at Holiday Harbor Lodge which is south of MB, but I think my buddy I am going with just has a lot more experience there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Youre a few minutes boat ride from wildly different parts of the lake, so pick a water temp you like and you’ll probably be able to find it. Much of that part of the lake just south of mississquoi bay is 48-49 degrees right now. This week should warm it up a little I hope.

5. Member
    That's right in the alberg passage, you have lots of good options. Mississquoi bay and carry bay will be warmer water, out by isle lamotte or the inland sea will be cooler, and the passage is likely in between. There's a whole lotta lake within a 15 minute boat ride from there, I'm sure you'll find something you like without too much trouble.

6. Member
    Smallies are on beds now
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

7. Member
    Any ideas what they will be doing Memorial Day weekend. Didn't want to bring 12 rods when it's going to be 3 of us in the boat. Was thinking jerkbait, dropshot, ned rig, keitechs and not really sure after that. I don't do a lot of smallie fishing so not my comfort zone.

8. Member
    Ned, finesse jigs, tubes, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, and swimbaits is all I would be throwing
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Ned, finesse jigs, tubes, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, and swimbaits is all I would be throwing
    I agree with this.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

10. Member
    Possibly a drop shot.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

11. Member
    I am going up with Cwenbass on Saturday morning. Neither one of us have been up that far North on Champlain before so we're not sure what to expect as far as where the smallmouth will be. I am thinking post spawn. I also think the Largemouth will be prespawn. Does anyone know if I am on the right track?...If you had to pick ONE bay to start in which one would you pick?...We are staying at Holiday Harbour Motel if that helps a far as what area we are in. I appreciate any advise! Thanks!