Thread: Washers &Dryers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    another vote for speed queen, last maytag we bought (front loaders) had to have service come out 5 X, they could not correct the issue (would not stay in our laundry room/vibrated out to the length of the hoses) the washing machine was so bad i gave it away, the last "visit" we had from a service person they mentioned maytag had a "fix" for our machine (maytag neptune) upon detecting a vibration it would stop momentarily and then start back up, would take over two hours to complete a wash cycle

on a comical note one technician suggested we had soft floors, the washer did the same thing on our concrete driveway wish i had filmed it

like this but worse

Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

2. Member
    We've had good luck with our GE profile appliances. Dishwasher, fridge, convection oven, gas cooktop, and microwave. No issues in 16 years. Just bought GE commercial gas dryer and washer. Very happy with them.

Speed Queen.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

I have a new Maytag that is waiting on a part going on 2 months now. I asked the tech. what he thought was the best of the new W&D and he said hands down Speed Queen. I was in the business back in the 80's & 90's and Maytag and Whirlpool where the best but things have changed now. Good Luck with your search

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Speed Queen - First
    Maytag COMMERCIAL - Second
    this

I ran an LG High Efficiency with no center agitator for ten years with no problems. Works great and will take a king sized comforter.
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    The GE dryers are pretty good. Whirlpool, Maytag and LG in general are solid. Dryers are a pretty straight forward item in general and I don't really see a lot of difference in their reliability, unlike with washers.
    Thanks! Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

8. Member
    We have a Kenmore washer and a Maytag dryer, odd lot stuff picked up a Lowe's, and they have been perfect for 10 years now. They get used a bunch too.

9. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    Speed Queen
    100% agreed!
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

10. Banned
    Don’t go with LG. Piece of crap. LG like Samsung should stick to electronics. Let the appliance people make appliances.

11. Member
    My Whirlpool washer and dryer are 9 years old with no issues.

12. Banned
    So many of them are the same internals with control boards differing from one manufacturer to another. Start looking at parts like drive couplers, motors, and transmissions and they are shared in many cases. It is way to expensive to design a new/diff motor when you can find one that is already in production. Probably the most common issue with today's appliances are control boards because they are unique by brand so Q control is harder not to mention it is a computer board in the worst environment possible for it. Heat, moisture, vibration.... death to computer parts. It is hard to beat an old analog based dial machine for longevity.

Whirlpool and Kenmore share the most parts beyond the major components it seems as they have had a couple of models that are identical (not sure if that still is the case).

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Speed queen. Simple, nothing fancy. Gets the job done and lasts.

14. Member
    I will never purchase another Maytag product. My wife wanted all Maytag appliances, because they have to match! Washer, dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. All of them have broken down within 2-3 years. Boards, bearings, you name it. My service technician had nothing nice to say about Maytag, except they keep him busy making money. I've heard speed queen is really good.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

15. Member
    Speed Queen Model TC5

16. Member
    You know if a manufacturer built a reliable and reasonably priced product (ANY PRODUCT), they could eliminate all their competition, sorry for making sense in this thread !

Wish I could help you but the washer and dryer is something that I'm not allowed to operate ,,

18. Member
    Go through and look at the overall post number. Then look to see how many people say speed queen. It says a lot. Not one person here has said a negative on speed queen.

19. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Speed Queen
    The best warranty in the biz
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by opus dog View Post
    Go through and look at the overall post number. Then look to see how many people say speed queen.
    26 counting yours if I counted correctly!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123