Question on 2020 300 proxs-ser#2B738684

I recently bought this engine from my brother and had it installed on my 2010 Triton 21hp that was previously running a 250proxs 2 stroke.
    One of the items I was looking forward to was using the "cruise control" setup for the 65 mile run down Lake Powell. It appears mine does not have that button on the housing around the shift lever and wondering why and what it would take to get one installed?
    Another item I'm dissapointed in is the big start/stop button on the dash now is inoperable leaving me the little rocker switch on the shift lever or the key inside the small storage area. I got underneath there today thinking it a simple rewire to a hot and ground at the key but see there are several wires coming out of there and would really prefer not to screw something up. Any tips on this?

Im not sure if the shop just wanted to get my boat out of there after being there for several months or if thère is a legit reason these items can't be made to work?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    When you recently emailed me these questions, you left out the detail that you had bought the engine from your brother and re-powered your 2010 Triton.

Who rigged the controls in the boat, and where were the controls/rigging obtained from? Helm setup and adaption are part of the rigging process.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Sorry about that. The same dealer he bought his Vexus from did the swap. I'm not sure where they got parts from but I know it took forever and when I asked them why my start/stop on the dash didn't work they said it couldn't be setup that way and when asked about the lack of the "cruise" function they said that wouldn't work with my setup. Not sure if it was really-we need your boat out of here so take it as is and be happy you have it back...

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    "Cruise" requires different/more components, and is most commonly associated with and activated through Vessel View.

Not sure which control you were looking at with a "Cruise" button on it... but there has been a generation change(Next-Gen) in the DTS controls recently, resulting in a completely re-vamped set of controls/harnesses/rigging.

The Start-Stop button is likely a simple connection (perhaps not ordered with the rigging kit and thus missing a connector).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor