Thread: Tips here there

Tips here there

Use a bright launch rope at least 5 feet longer than your boat hull...
    Use smallest used P Butter jars to store 8-10 plastics needed or used often
    Use 2/0 trailers on spinnerbaits and 3/0 on buzz baits
    Use 4 inch e tie of various colors on skirted baits so skirts stay on lots longer
    Use a cloth shopping bag for 5-6 empty used soft drink bottles filled with frozen water and add a gallon freezer bag with snacks...add cool drinks on bottom
    (no ice stops and no mess)
    Buy a high quality smaller flashlight for both truck and boat... (nothing under $16-20)
    (one fell into launch water last T and I went back after 5 minutes and it was shinning underwater...got it back...no harm, quality matters
    Middle or large sized used P Butter jars can hold 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper very sealed very dry
    A 3 inch or so sharpened pocketknife saves time when hooked on most things...a hand pruner on board cuts small branches...also saves time
    Get the Sport sunblock 50-60x and apply before leaving home as last thing before leaving the house
    If you wear glasses get a polarized prescription pair to keep in the boat...they even let you see better in fog
    Long sleeves and thin pants with thick soled sandals and white socks have worked for me for decades
    Buy a larger spool of mono or your line and save $$ over the year...$80 Spectra highest level 16# mono is lasting me a bunch or re-spools...
    One small container with 4 of each cranking hook helps tons when a big trash fish bends that treble badly
    You like to crank like me? Have at least 3 of the cranks you use most in the boat... trash fish can cut line and T time lost digging around for some crank similar to it because it caught 4 decent bass

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

2. Member
    For those who don't have separate prescription sunglasses, the polarized clip one at Wal-Mart work great. Keep a pair in the boat and all cars.
    Use a rubber band as security for your phone in the phone holder.
    Wear ski goggles. It's easier to see floating debris when your eyes aren't watering.
    Keep individually sealed alcohol wipes in your first aid kit. They're free at many bbq restaurants and they do not dry out.
    Read bbcboards.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    Use a bright launch rope at least 5 feet longer than your boat hull...
    Use smallest used P Butter jars to store 8-10 plastics needed or used often
    Use 2/0 trailers on spinnerbaits and 3/0 on buzz baits
    Use 4 inch e tie of various colors on skirted baits so skirts stay on lots longer
    Use a cloth shopping bag for 5-6 empty used soft drink bottles filled with frozen water and add a gallon freezer bag with snacks...add cool drinks on bottom
    (no ice stops and no mess)
    Buy a high quality smaller flashlight for both truck and boat... (nothing under $16-20)
    (one fell into launch water last T and I went back after 5 minutes and it was shinning underwater...got it back...no harm, quality matters
    Middle or large sized used P Butter jars can hold 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper very sealed very dry
    A 3 inch or so sharpened pocketknife saves time when hooked on most things...a hand pruner on board cuts small branches...also saves time
    Get the Sport sunblock 50-60x and apply before leaving home as last thing before leaving the house
    If you wear glasses get a polarized prescription pair to keep in the boat...they even let you see better in fog
    Long sleeves and thin pants with thick soled sandals and white socks have worked for me for decades
    Buy a larger spool of mono or your line and save $$ over the year...$80 Spectra highest level 16# mono is lasting me a bunch or re-spools...
    One small container with 4 of each cranking hook helps tons when a big trash fish bends that treble badly
    You like to crank like me? Have at least 3 of the cranks you use most in the boat... trash fish can cut line and T time lost digging around for some crank similar to it because it caught 4 decent bass
    Excellent!! Thanks for those....
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

thanks for sharing

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Like it!
    Quality Flashlight is a must - Those cheapo's never work many weeks later when you need them!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri