Z19 Pro questions

I’ve put a deposit on a z19 pro, I’ll have it in a week or so. I’d like to put my HDS 12 carbon at the dash, and move the HDS 9 Live to the front. Any pictures of your double stack graph mounts up front on these boats???
    Last edited by SmallieFinessin; 05-10-2022 at 10:01 AM.

2. Member
    As far as running the cables it's pretty easy. You will need a fish tape or rods. It takes a little trial and error but it's very doable.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    As far as running the cables it's pretty easy. You will need a fish tape or rods. It takes a little trial and error but it's very doable.
    I finally found a video showing where the channel is that the wires run, down the right side. Shouldn’t be a problem to send a fish down through and tap into the fuse block. Now just to decide if I want to run a dual mount over the pedal that secures to the deck, or one that secures to the front dash panel.

It sounds like you are talking about a used Z19 with a hole being in plate? Or does it have a small unit already installed as new?

Regardless, you can mount the 12" directly to the console plate with a gimble bracket. I recommend using something on the back to reinforce it. My dealer used a thin sheet of steel on the back for this purpose at no charge. Also, if it is a new boat, see if your dealer will order you a new console dash plate and keep the old fish finder??? Possible deal you can make???

On the bow, there should be at least one available set of wires already there for a bow unit, possible two sets depending on the year of your boat. I believe the set may be labeled to match what you will find at the fuse block. Check that out under the bow plate.

If by chance you still need to run cables, no problem. After you get access under the bow plate, it is open all the way to the drivers side rod box. Then all you need to do is work a fish tape from the hole underneath the console to the back right corner of the rod box, then pull the wires all the way to the fuse block. If you need to go all the way to the battery, many people remove the shifter plate to make that easier as it can be a bitch to get the fish tape past the shifter from the same hole. I would run a string from the bilge to the hole under the console and pull the wires all the way back.

If may be difficult if not impossible to make a straight shot from the bilge to the rod box. That is why I recommend the two steps if you need to go all the way to the battery.
    Last edited by KCLOST; 05-10-2022 at 10:08 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    It sounds like you are talking about a used Z19 with a hole being in plate? Or does it have a small unit already installed as new?

Regardless, you can mount the 12" directly to the console plate with a gimble bracket. I recommend using something on the back to reinforce it. My dealer used a thin sheet of steel on the back for this purpose at no charge. Also, if it is a new boat, see if your dealer will order you a new console dash plate and keep the old fish finder??? Possible deal you can make???

On the bow, there should be at least one available set of wires already there for a bow unit, possible two sets depending on the year of your boat. I believe the set may be labeled to match what you will find at the fuse block. Check that out under the bow plate.

If by chance you still need to run cables, no problem. After you get access under the bow plate, it is open all the way to the drivers side rod box. Then all you need to do is work a fish tape from the hole underneath the console to the back right corner of the rod box, then pull the wires all the way to the fuse block. If you need to go all the way to the battery, many people remove the shifter plate to make that easier as it can be a bitch to get the fish tape past the shifter from the same hole. I would run a string from the bilge to the hole under the console and pull the wires all the way back.

If may be difficult if not impossible to make a straight shot from the bilge to the rod box. That is why I recommend the two steps if you need to go all the way to the battery.
    this is a brand new z19 pro with a 9” HDS Live at the wheel, and a 9” HDS Live at the bow. I have my own HDS 12 Carbon that I took off my boat that I just sold. I will either, A) install my HDS 12 at the bow, or, B) install my HDS 12 at the wheel, and move the existing HDS 9 live to the front. Either way I need 2 graphs at the front. That is why I will need to run another set of wires. I think for now, I will just install my HDS 12 up front on a dual mount, this is the least amount of work. If I’m not satisfied with the 9” at the wheel, I will switch them(I am use to having a 12 at the wheel for side imaging, map, Di). The HDS 9 Live is flush mounted at the wheel, so yes I would have a hole to deal with if I switched it out.

6. Member
    Several options for covering the hole. I have precision sonar stuff on my boat. Flush mount sucks, I would just spend the money and get a good set up.
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Precision sonar has a plate that will mount over the hole where the 9” at the console was. I have a new Z19 pro and put a 12”HDS at the console on a precision sonar mount and moved the 9” to the bow where I have two 9” on a precision sonar stacked mount. They are very clean looking and rock solid. I tried to post pictures but I can’t figure out how to resize on my iPhone…

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yot_fish View Post
    Precision sonar has a plate that will mount over the hole where the 9” at the console was. I have a new Z19 pro and put a 12”HDS at the console on a precision sonar mount and moved the 9” to the bow where I have two 9” on a precision sonar stacked mount. They are very clean looking and rock solid. I tried to post pictures but I can’t figure out how to resize on my iPhone…
    I like what they have, and I don’t mind paying for a good product.. But $300 plus tax for a small plate and a new gimbal mount, pretty much, i can’t justify that. If I do go that route, I’ll purchase or have fabricated locally a plate to go over the hole and buy a dash mount. I’m probably going to do exactly what you have done with your units as far as moving them around, though. Im not sure if I want to get a bow mount that bolts to the deck in front of the pedal, or one that mounts to the plate up there where the factory HDS 9 is mounted.. worried about losing pedal space with the deck mounted, and on the other hand I question the strength of that plate up front over time only being held in by screws not bolts.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallieFinessin View Post
    I like what they have, and I don’t mind paying for a good product.. But $300 plus tax for a small plate and a new gimbal mount, pretty much, i can’t justify that. If I do go that route, I’ll purchase or have fabricated locally a plate to go over the hole and buy a dash mount. I’m probably going to do exactly what you have done with your units as far as moving them around, though. Im not sure if I want to get a bow mount that bolts to the deck in front of the pedal, or one that mounts to the plate up there where the factory HDS 9 is mounted.. worried about losing pedal space with the deck mounted, and on the other hand I question the strength of that plate up front over time only being held in by screws not bolts.

The front graphs are also mounted to a plate that’s probably 3/16 thick. They are also rock solid I personally like them being mounted where the flush mount was. I wouldn’t move them any closer to the pedal. My thinking on the price was I just spent 65k what’s another 300 dollars.

10. Member
    Here is my 2021 Z19 Pro with the Bass Boat Technologies dual mount. Very sturdy, easy view of the units. Mine are Humminbird, but you get the idea. I have a 10" and 8", have since moved the 10" forward. I had no trouble running network cables, did not even need a fish tape. There was already an extra power source under the bow panel.

Dual Graph mount.jpgDual Graph mount2.jpg
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

11. Member
    Bass Boat Technologies is the way to go! Van and his wife are awesome to deal with.