A year later and I am still sealing...

I am still getting water splashing into my compartments from the livewell cap not being sealed. I sealed it pretty good last year, but apparently didn't get it good enough. This is a true PITA to do, but it has to be done...I sure hope Triton is now sealing these at the factory, they were not or at least didn't on mine las year.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

2. Member
    Is a poor design that’s for sure but what do you mean by livewell cap?

3. Member
    when they lay the entire top cap on a boat they did not seal it with silcone around the top of the livewell. so there is a gap between the side compartments and in the back where the batteries are. when you fill the livewells water will splash around and out through this gap and end up in your storage and bilge area..
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

4. Member
    Check the underside of your rubrail for sealant gaps.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    looks good but I will check again with a flashlight
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    when they lay the entire top cap on a boat they did not seal it with silcone around the top of the livewell. so there is a gap between the side compartments and in the back where the batteries are. when you fill the livewells water will splash around and out through this gap and end up in your storage and bilge area..
    I see what you’re saying. Mine has poor sealant application at the rear of the livewell as well as the rear of the RH compartment. I will get up there with a tube of sealer and see if I can improve that. Thanks for the tip!

7. Member
    it is a pain to do but it will help. a boat should never leave the factory like this, yet, a good portion from Triton do. they also leave many times with thru hull fittings not sealed is well. For me, I had to do it myself it wasn't worth the 7 hr round trip to the dealer. let us know how it turns out
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

8. Member
    Flashlight check if rubrail is useless. Check for a continuous bead of sealant along bottom of rubrail from cockpit to rubrail end cap on transom. Water spray & coming off plane both try to force water under the rubrail.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

9. Member
    will do.. I do feel like I have water intrusion somewhere. not enough to kick the bilge on, but there is a good bit of water when I pull the plug. My gues is, some gets in through the flow rite remote plug, even though I lube it and hear the click each time, some may come in through the safety ladder, some I know is ice in the cooler, which is normal, and some is likely backwash coming off plane. a 7 lb bag of melted ice produces a lot of water that has to come out through the bilge..the only time the auto bilge cut on was the first tourney I fished after I bought the boat home from the dealer, and when i called, dealer said the livewells needed to be sealed..since I sealed it, no more auto bilge cutting on.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

The other place it may be leaking from is the live well itself, plugs at the bottom will leak slowly into the bilge but the hardest one to find, and mine had it is the top, inside of livewell, right under the rear seat post mount. They drilled 4 holes into my livewell when drilling the seat mount plate. You can’t really see under there but you’ll feel them
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

11. Member
    got to love when they do that
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045