Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    your right my bad p/n is 8276943 molded hoses nla , DON may have one or call 913 - 342 - 0011 they show 2 in stock as of JAN 2022 came from nla parts inquiry
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    your right my bad p/n is 8276943 molded hoses nla , DON may have one or call 913 - 342 - 0011 they show 2 in stock as of JAN 2022 came from nla parts inquiry
    Thanks Joe! You're always super helpful, I appreciate it!!!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    yea man ,your welcome
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

So...I received the hose kit for the PN 32-8276943, but it is all small hoses. The hose I need is the big hose...but when I look at the diagram on every parts site I find, the graphic points to the big hose and lists PN 32-8276943 (see screenshot 3)

I need to replace the larger 'S' shaped hose, that seems to be identified by #20.

Any ideas?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

I need the large black hose that is 'S' shaped, to the left of the regulator. The hose that connects to the Schrader valve, according to the diagram

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

6. Member
    #18 on fuel management system breakdown 827694 new number is 827694A01 comes in a set both hoses molded , brace yoself

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    #18 on fuel management system breakdown 827694 new number is 827694A01 comes in a set both hoses molded , brace yoself

I think that is it! Thanks again, Joe. and yeah...these things are never cheap!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Be sure to use the oetiker clamps, rather than traditional hose clamps. Things are cramped enough in that area- traditional clamps often cause leaks over time.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Be sure to use the oetiker clamps, rather than traditional hose clamps. Things are cramped enough in that area- traditional clamps often cause leaks over time.

Yes sir, will do. Thanks!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Hoses came in today and were the right ones, thanks again Joe!

Question: when you guys prime your bulb, does it loose pressure once you've shut the motor off and its sat a while?

My bulb will have lost all pressure within a half-hour simply sitting there. I don't recall any other primer bulbs being that way. Curious as to what you guys experience...maybe I should even start a new thread.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Perfectly normal- especially when air temps reach 60F or above (fuel begins to vaporize in the line).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Perfectly normal- especially when air temps reach 60F or above (fuel begins to vaporize in the line).

Awesome, I plan to take it for a test drive it tomorrow. Everything looked good in the driveway test!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

I took the ol' boat out for a day on the water yesterday. She ran well, but still loses fuel pressure periodically. After sitting any length of time, you have to pump the bulb or it will die when you go to take off, even at full throttle.

After replacing the 2 hoses mentioned above, there doesn't seem to be any leak under the cowling. I ran it in the driveway this morning for a few minutes to verify.

I have this brand new fuel regulator sitting here that arrived this morning, which I purchased because there appeared to be gas leaking out of the current regulator. While I was replacing the hoses, I had the chance to inspect the regulator and clean the screen out, and I feel like it is operating as it is supposed to. Observed it this morning and there was definitely no gas leaking out of it like there seemed to be before.

Is it unlikely that the regulator is the culprit? I would like to try and send this regulator back, get my $300 back and reallocate those funds lol.

Could there be an air pocket in my gas lines? I would think that I would have alleviated the air pocket (if there were one) having the hoses disconnected, replacing the primer bulb again, and rebuilding the fuel pump....

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Can't answer the regulator question as there's simply not adequate info/data. What I can say is that these components are rapidly becoming NLA- so if you have it, and have even the slightest inkling it's needed, you might consider the safe approach.

This time of year you MUST pump the primer bulb firm before EVERY engine start (especially critical in temps of 60F or higher).

Can't answer the regulator question as there's simply not adequate info/data. What I can say is that these components are rapidly becoming NLA- so if you have it, and have even the slightest inkling it's needed, you might consider the safe approach.

This time of year you MUST pump the primer bulb firm before EVERY engine start (especially critical in temps of 60F or higher).
    I can't argue with that logic...

I'm just perplexed about the fuel pressure issue. I've had the boat and motor nearly 5 years and have just been dealing with this in the past year or so.

Thanks for all of your help, Don!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12