Wiring harness adapters

I’m helping a friend out. He has 2 older 354v Rangers. One has a Mariner 150 Magnum and the other has a 4 stroke Mercury 150. He’s wanting to swap the engines from one to the other and sell the one with the 2 stroke (currently the boat with the 2 stroke is much better condition).

I’ve found the adapter that will convert the 8 pin harness to the 14 pin to make the 4 stroke work on the older boat. Do they make a harness that will convert the 14 pin back to the 8 pin so I can use the new style harness on the old 2 stroke?

If we have to I can swap the entire harness from one to the other but a adapter would be much quicker.

Thanks for any help.
    Jason Ferrell
    Virginia
    2015 Skeeter ZX250
    2015 Yamaha VMAX SHO 250

2. Member
    adapter 896539t01 14 pin harness to 8 pin mtr
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving to the 2.5L Forum.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor