Warning buzzer issues

So my warning buzzer is going off constantly upon turning key on, whether or not the motor is running. It had not been doing its initial key on beep unless I cycled the key a couple of times. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the issue?

Boat Info:
    1995 ProCraft V-150b
    1995 Mercury 75HP ELPTO
    - SN 0G271469
    - Model 1075412RD

2. Member
    unplug one of the light blue wires comming from oil tank ,no beep = tank sensor float bad
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Tried that. Still a constant beep as soon as the key is turned on.

4. Member
    warning module bad
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Where would that be located? Could it be the buzzer, because I had to tap on it to get it to work once too.

6. Member
    possible contacts sticking not saying thats it though

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Other possibility is a shorted wire (tan w/blue stripe) such as the temp sensor or it's wire, OR a wire between the warning module and the horn.

Suggested steps:

-Disconnect both blue wires from oil tank sensor. Key on: Horn still sounds: Continue to 2 (does not sound, oil tank and sensor).

-Disconnect temp sensor. Key on: Horn still sounds: Continue to 3 (does not sound, temp sensor bad).

-Disconnect oil warning module COMPLETELY. Key on: Horn still sounds: Short in wiring harness (does not sound, warning module bad).

Good luck!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks for the awesome steps! I'll give them a try.

Where is the warning module? (Under the on motor oil tank behind the lower cowl pictured below?)20220508_211605.jpg

9. Member
    thats it

Thanks, now to try it out.

Followed your steps and it appears the warning module is bad. Now to find the module to buy somewhere.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    14857A16 is the Part Number- you can order through Rhonda, or any Authorized Mercury Dealer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor