Ice out at Vermilion?

How is it looking? Making the trip June 4-10. Can’t wait to get there!
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    I don't have any first-hand reports on Vermilion, but heard another lake in the area still had 38" of ice on it as of 2 weeks ago. Not sure what is there now.

Here's a place you can keep an eye on for ice out reports. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ice_out/index.html

You'll have to let me know how you do this year!

3. Member
    hopefully this time next week. we are in the 60-70 range most days with wednesday being 80. Might need some wind and rain to get it off sooner. I know we are watching Pelican right now for next saturday.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

4. Member
    Yeah some of the shallow bays are ice free already. The larger basin areas are ice covered, but it’s breaking away from shore and turning black. Shouldn’t be too long now. Might even be ice free by ‘the opener’ this Saturday? In any event, you’ll be okay for your June trip lol.

Quote Originally Posted by brianf. View Post
    Yeah some of the shallow bays are ice free already. The larger basin areas are ice covered, but it’s breaking away from shore and turning black. Shouldn’t be too long now. Might even be ice free by ‘the opener’ this Saturday? In any event, you’ll be okay for your June trip lol.
    Thanks Brian! I know there will be no ice but hoping to hit it perfect. Last year we were there the same week and we caught them on the beds pretty good but I felt like there was a lot of post spawn. It was hot! May be pre-spawn, who knows.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    The bay on pelican was ice free today. Rainy should go later this week. The area around my dock is ice free. The high water is our big problem now. I’m putting 300 gallon tanks of water on my dock tomorrow