Triton’s hull evolution

Hello All. Been without a boat for 6-7 years or so. My last boat was a 21HP and a TR-21 before that.

Is the TRX the evolution of the 21HP (faster hull) and the XRT the evolution of the XS (wider hull)?

Gunna be boat shopping in a couple months and I want to get my facts straight.

Also, it seems like dual consoles have fallen out of favor? Hardly see any recently....comments?

2. Member
    The way the dealer told it to me is...the 20trx is the xs hull and the 21trx is the hp hull. As far as the xrt goes, I have no idea. As for consoles, I think it’s just personal preference (I’m in the single console crowd) or the not wanting to spend that much for the extra console. But I’ll agree with u, I’m seeing more single consoles these days than duals.

3. Member
    The TRX is wider than the HP , they are slower, fishes great,

4. Member
    I believe the XRT is a modified 21 TRX hull. Not sure about the other questions, but I do know that the TRX hull is a lot wider than an HP hull. The HP is really small in comparison.

5. Member
    So I guess Triton is just sacrificing some speed for fishabilty all around. I was happy to have 80mph boats lightly loaded. Guess I’ll have to accept that that will be no more.

6. Member
    The xrt looks more like a nitro , your seating is on top of the boat instead of down in the boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FDTriton View Post
    I believe the XRT is a modified 21 TRX hull. Not sure about the other questions, but I do know that the TRX hull is a lot wider than an HP hull. The HP is really small in comparison.
    The 21 TrX hull is the 21 HP hull with a widened top cap. The 20 TrX is an XS hull. The 21 TrX doesn't run as good as the hp though. The XRT is just too ugly to even consider...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    The 21 TrX hull is the 21 HP hull with a widened top cap. The 20 TrX is an XS hull. The 21 TrX doesn't run as good as the hp though. The XRT is just too ugly to even consider...
    The XRT looks like a Nitro inspired design to me.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    my TRX does not have the convex hull like my HP had so it is not a HP hull the convex was what made that hull ride so soft.

just like the Caymas looks like a Javelin hull with a Triton top cap and the XRT looks like a TRX with a Nitro top cap
    but whatever they are i would not purchase either boat .