Warning horn not working

Serial : OG540389. Mariner 150 EFI 2.5 litre. Warning horn does not beep when the ignition is turned on. Can anyone tell me what it is that signals the horn to sound from the ign key? Going to check out the obvious such as broken wire, poor connection etc. this morning. Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Member
    purple wire is 12v at key on module supplies grnd /tan wire , test horn first
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks Joe. I have power at the horn and it works when I ground the tan wire. Is there an 'quick' test to make sure the low oil and overheat warnings still work?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Is it possible that the Oil Injection has been removed (now pre-mix only) on this engine?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor