WHAT TO BUY - REPLACING ALL BILGE AND LIVEWELL PUMPS - 2000 TR19

I have a friend who is going to replace all my bilge (manul and auto), and livewell pump in, pump out, and recirculation pumps. Does anyone know exactly what I need (brand and what type), and how many total I need to buy? He asked me to buy the pumps. I want good ones.
    I am clueless and mechanically challenged, that's why I am paying my buddy to do it for me. Is there anything else I need or need to watch out for?
    He said he has hose material if it needs it.
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

I have always replaced pumps with Johnson brand pumps and got better longevity. When I bought my first BCB, I noticed they used Johnson as OEM pumps. They are easy to clean if they get gummed up too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Unless you are replacing the entire pump, stick with what is there if they are a cartridge style.
    If not, Rule or Johnson are both good.

4. Member
    I like Rule, and for the auto and the manual, put 1000 gph for both. The livewell is the 500 gph for norm I believe

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muskyman73 View Post
    I like Rule, and for the auto and the manual, put 1000 gph for both. The livewell is the 500 gph for norm I believe
    Won't 1000 gph blow the breaker?

6. Member
    I went with all Atwoods. Mk2 for auto and I think the new bilge is t2 series.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adventurejack View Post
    I have a friend who is going to replace all my bilge (manul and auto), and livewell pump in, pump out, and recirculation pumps. Does anyone know exactly what I need (brand and what type), and how many total I need to buy? He asked me to buy the pumps. I want good ones.
    I am clueless and mechanically challenged, that's why I am paying my buddy to do it for me. Is there anything else I need or need to watch out for?
    He said he has hose material if it needs it.
    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

You are looking at up to 8 pumps - 2 Livewell Fill, 2 Livewell Recirc, 2 Livewell Pumpout, 2 Bilge.

I replaced all of mine recently with Johnson Cartridge, there are some related posts on the board.

One thing I learned is that these new livewell fill pumps need a prime by goosing big motor in reverse. Old pumps did not require that. The first time out after new install, the pumps didn't pump - they ran but wouldn't make water. Came home, took it all back apart convinced I wired pumps backward, they were correct.