Second bow graph for zxr20

Ok looking for some thoughts here. My helix 9 on the bow crapes out today. It will no longer recognize a transducer. Obviously I will get it replaced under warranty but who knows how getting a replacement or repair back will be. Going to buy a new unit so I can at least keep fishing. My options are this. A garmin 93sv and the. Use it for live scope down the road. Can get the garmin for 700 bucks which isn’t a bad deal. Second option is another helix 9 or 10. I’ve found a couple and then when I get my 9 back I would have a unit for 360 or mega live. The easiest would be to get the bird but the cheaper route is to get the garmin.

I also know my helix 9 unit went bad as I hooked up my 12 to the bow and all worked.

2. Member
    I have used the 93sv for livescope before and it just wasn’t large enough for my eyes. I would get the Helix 10 and sell the unit you get back from the warranty repair/replacement. I use the 12 inch Garmin for livescope now and there are times I wish I had the 16.

I added a Lowrance Carbon 12 with active target up front to go with the Helix 9 that my ZXR came with. I used a Precision Sonar dual stacker mount to put on the existing riser mount that came on my boat.

Having said all that, I really wish I would’ve kept the Lowrance Carbons off my old boat and put them on my ZXR and sold the Helix units as I have not been impressed by them at all.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    I added a Lowrance Carbon 12 with active target up front to go with the Helix 9 that my ZXR came with. I used a Precision Sonar dual stacker mount to put on the existing riser mount that came on my boat.

Having said all that, I really wish I would’ve kept the Lowrance Carbons off my old boat and put them on my ZXR and sold the Helix units as I have not been impressed by them at all.
    Im right there with ya. I would do anything to have my carbons off my ranger when I totaled it. I will probably strip it and put it all to lowrance some day but can’t at the moment as I’m building a house. Will probably happen if I get on state team again.