Lake Talquin Fishing Report

Hey fellas,

Been a while since I've seen a Talquin report so since I went today I thought I'd share. I hit the lake at first light and fished to about noon when I was chased off the water by the thunderstorms that rolled through today. I fished several different areas mostly around Little River and Talquin Lodge. The water temp varied from mid 70's to low 80's everywhere I went. Water clarity was good as in the typical Talquin tannic stain with a few feet visibility. Saw a few empty beds and the shad spawn was in full swing the first couple hours in the morning.

Caught several nice bass on a white buzzbait in the morning then moved deeper where I caught the big fish of the day 6-8 (pictured below) on a Strike King 5XD in Citrus Shad. She was in about 10ft of water sitting on a hump near a channel swing. She appeared to be pre-spawn but could have just been fat from the morning shad spawn. I tried docks with no luck and all my morning fish came from lily pads.

Hope this helps anyone heading out there.

imagejpeg-0.JPG

2. Member

3. Member

Thanks. I have fished there three Times and only caught dinks. Different fishing world between here and up there.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!