Thread: Joshua 6:21

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    bassfishinglawyer

I am sure you are aware that God has no problem with anyone questioning is actions and intent as much as we have fear of praying about it and asking why??

God is the One that bring this up to the Hebrew when they questioned God's way of being unfair (Isaiah 55). God went as far to ask them to discuss these matter with Him.
    I read isaiah 55 a couple times and not seeing where God was questioned for being unfair or where He told them to discuss the matters with Him. Great chapter. I think you are referencing another chapter
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    I read isaiah 55 a couple times and not seeing where God was questioned for being unfair or where He told them to discuss the matters with Him. Great chapter. I think you are referencing another chapter
    Perhaps I read more into words than others, but I am talking about Isaiah 55:8-11
    However, I am sure you will see it in this chapter of Isaiah

A Call to True Repentance
    10 Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
    11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
    12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
    13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
    14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
    15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you; yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
    16 Wash ye, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
    17 learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
    18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
    19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
    20 but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Be well and be safe

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Perhaps I read more into words than others, but I am talking about Isaiah 55:8-11
    However, I am sure you will see it in this chapter of Isaiah

A Call to True Repentance
    10 Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
    11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
    12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
    13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
    14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
    15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you; yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
    16 Wash ye, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
    17 learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
    18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
    19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
    20 but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Be well and be safe
    Isaiah 1! Now we're on the same page :) thanks
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456