Thread: Joshua 6:21

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    What I have noticed.....
    Better sweep this under the rug, and or, attack the messenger.
    If you are looking for a pity party for being attecked, you best go find your buddies under the bridge you crawled out, and spew your pretentious self-righteousness there.

2. Member
    And all of God's people said Amem.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    Rex, i mentioned this in another thread, but an upbringing in the church is not what keeps a person's belief in the God of the Bible. It is the evidence we observe thru life. Romans 1 explains it perfectly

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19because what may be known of God is [e]manifest [f]in them, for God has shown it to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [g]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like [h]corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

sorry for the long verse, but it explains that it is clear God is the Creator. It is man trying to find an alternative to God so they can go on sinning. The fossil record clearly shows completed creatures, not transitional. Lots of info out there. To explain the universe just "happened" from nothing is insanity and is not accepted in any other area of science. Again, they want to disprove a Creator. Many more topics we can dive into. Your comments, regardless of your intentions are helping to clarify many topics atheists bring up daily.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Rex, i mentioned this in another thread, but an upbringing in the church is not what keeps a person's belief in the God of the Bible. It is the evidence we observe thru life. Romans 1 explains it perfectly

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19because what may be known of God is [e]manifest [f]in them, for God has shown it to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [g]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like [h]corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

sorry for the long verse, but it explains that it is clear God is the Creator. It is man trying to find an alternative to God so they can go on sinning. The fossil record clearly shows completed creatures, not transitional. Lots of info out there. To explain the universe just "happened" from nothing is insanity and is not accepted in any other area of science. Again, they want to disprove a Creator. Many more topics we can dive into. Your comments, regardless of your intentions are helping to clarify many topics atheists bring up daily.
    Why do you think some of the most dedicated Christian posters refuse to tell about their upbringing?

5. Member
    Why do you think some of the most dedicated Christian posters refuse to tell about their upbringing?
    Unless you are writing an autobiography on any person, there is no good reason for show and tell.
    Why don't you tell us your upbringing? and whether you have any believes? or purpose for being on this forum?

6. Member
    Like Dig said, it shouldn't matter. Similar to why I don't ask you

7. Member
    What do you want to know about it? I was raised in a "Southern Baptist" family. As kids we went to church most every Sunday. My mother made sure of that, my father almost never went. Christmas, Easter, Funerals, Things like that, Daddy would go. The rest of the time, he was "busy." Other than that I can't say we were particularly "religious." We seldom prayed. (Although I do remember kneeling by the bed and praying as a small child.) Grace was more or less reserved for big occasions, like Christmas and Thanksgiving. Looking back, "church" was more or less a social thing, at least for me. I can't say I got much out of it, except maybe a foundation. I knew nothing about what it really meant to "be saved." I got Baptized when the other kids my age got Baptized. For years I didn't think I really knew what it meant. I never had one of those emotional, break down "come to Jesus" experiences I heard other people talk about. Just a quiet acceptance of the facts. (Many years later, I did have one of those emotional, break down and bawl like a baby experiences. Had to pull off the road and park the car.)

After I got out of high school, and moved out on my own, I NEVER went to church, except on the most rare of occasions. My ex-wives had no background in the church, so they didn't put any pressure on me, plus I worked rotating shifts, so I was either working on Sunday, one shift or the other, or on my one weekend a month off, I was fishing...Hey, I can worship the Lord on my boat can't I? Of course, I didn't.

It wasn't until after my second failed marriage, when I met a godly woman who led by example that I returned to the church. Yea, we were "shacked up" but one morning she announced she was going to church. So I said "I'll go with you." That first Sunday, I realized there was something missing in my life. Something I had known many years ago, without even knowing I knew it. We started going to church every Sunday. We'd go to "her" church in the morning, then rush across town to "my" church. It wasn't long before we both started to feel guilty about "shacking up" so we got married. But this time, when we stood in front of God and took our vows we both understood what we were doing. "We might as well learn to get along, because this time we're stuck with each other."

At one time I thought God was calling me to the ministry. It didn't take too long for me to figure out that was me talking and not God. Oh well, God needs couriers and internet posters too I suppose. I did spend a couple of years in a small independent Bible College studying under two of the most delightful men I ever met. You've heard me speak of "Dr. Brown...the other was Dr. Caudle. Remind me to tell some stories about them one of these days.

Rex, I'm just a sinner saved by the Grace of God. Pick a sin, short of murder I suppose, and I've probably done it. But when the Devil runs to God and points at me and says "Look at that so called "Christian". See what he's done this time?" God looks and says "I don't see nothing but the blood of Jesus." (Thank you Dr. Brown.)
    Last edited by CajunBass; 05-20-2022 at 12:22 PM.

8. Member
    Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

Thank you Cajun for sharing. Many of us have a past we are not proud of.

It helps us remember that the best we have to offer is but filthy rags in His sight.

His Grace is sufficient for all of my needs.

Redeemed how I love to proclaim it.

Though my sins be as scarlet, they shall be whiter than snow.

Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    What do you want to know about it? I was raised in a "Southern Baptist" family. As kids we went to church most every Sunday. My mother made sure of that, my father almost never went. Christmas, Easter, Funerals, Things like that, Daddy would go. The rest of the time, he was "busy." Other than that I can't say we were particularly "religious." We seldom prayed. (Although I do remember kneeling by the bed and praying as a small child.) Grace was more or less reserved for big occasions, like Christmas and Thanksgiving. Looking back, "church" was more or less a social thing, at least for me. I can't say I got much out of it, except maybe a foundation. I knew nothing about what it really meant to "be saved." I got Baptized when the other kids my age got Baptized. For years I didn't think I really knew what it meant. I never had one of those emotional, break down "come to Jesus" experiences I heard other people talk about. Just a quiet acceptance of the facts. (Many years later, I did have one of those emotional, break down and bawl like a baby experiences. Had to pull off the road and park the car.)

After I got out of high school, and moved out on my own, I NEVER went to church, except on the most rare of occasions. My ex-wives had no background in the church, so they didn't put any pressure on me, plus I worked rotating shifts, so I was either working on Sunday, one shift or the other, or on my one weekend a month off, I was fishing...Hey, I can worship the Lord on my boat can't I? Of course, I didn't.

It wasn't until after my second failed marriage, when I met a godly woman who led by example that I returned to the church. Yea, we were "shacked up" but one morning she announced she was going to church. So I said "I'll go with you." That first Sunday, I realized there was something missing in my life. Something I had known many years ago, without even knowing I knew it. We started going to church every Sunday. We'd go to "her" church in the morning, then rush across town to "my" church. It wasn't long before we both started to feel guilty about "shacking up" so we got married. But this time, when we stood in front of God and took our vows we both understood what we were doing. "We might as well learn to get along, because this time we're stuck with each other."

At one time I thought God was calling me to the ministry. It didn't take too long for me to figure out that was me talking and not God. Oh well, God needs couriers and internet posters too I suppose. I did spend a couple of years in a small independent Bible College studying under two of the most delightful men I ever met. You've heard me speak of "Dr. Brown...the other was Dr. Caudle. Remind me to tell some stories about them one of these days.

Rex, I'm just a sinner saved by the Grace of God. Pick a sin, short of murder I suppose, and I've probably done it. But when the Devil runs to God and points at me and says "Look at that so called "Christian". See what he's done this time?" God looks and says "I don't see nothing but the blood of Jesus." (Thank you Dr. Brown.)
    I totally, and completely, respect you and your story. From the beginning you have always been forthcoming, and honest with your comments. No bite and no vitriol. Understand, that I was raised in church, attending most every Sunday, Sunday school, Bible school, ect. so I get it. If I had to pick a person to represent, and to be an example of the Christian relegion, you would be that person.
    With total and complete respect
    Rex

10. Banned
    Like Dig said, it shouldn't matter. Similar to why I don't ask you
    What is interesting to me is You and holeshot, don't want to share. There have been several answers, that you could tell their upbringing was a source of pride. If there some thing you are not proud of I get it. If not, why not share?

11. Member
    I totally, and completely, respect you and your story. From the beginning you have always been forthcoming, and honest with your comments. No bite and no vitriol. Understand, that I was raised in church, attending most every Sunday, Sunday school, Bible school, ect. so I get it. If I had to pick a person to represent, and to be an example of the Christian relegion, you would be that person.
    With total and complete respect
    Rex
    Thanks Rex, but don't hold me up as any example. I'm a poor one at best. Give all the Glory to Jesus Christ. It was He who changed me from what I was, to whatever I might be. He had to smack me upside the head, and bring me to my knees, just to get my attention, but He did it.

And best of all. He's not finished with me yet. :)

[QUOTE=rexico;12484235]

Seems to me that God, with all his resources and ability to perform incredible miracles, could come up with a better way to control what is taught to his people
    2nd guessing God? We must remember, God does not interfere with mankinds "choice". History has shown that when mankind "pushes" over the limit (the limit is determined by God) he reacts. As with many instances in the Bible there are people, who because of the choices that they made, are chastised.

Anybody care to wager that mankind is in for another chastisement from God? Just look at our world....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

13. Member
    What is interesting to me is You and holeshot, don't want to share. There have been several answers, that you could tell their upbringing was a source of pride. If there some thing you are not proud of I get it. If not, why not share?
    Why share my "story" if it has nothing to do with Joshua 6:21? :) if we were fishing a tournament and you asked, I'd give you a brief version, but why is it important to you numerous posts in the past? If you read that as prideful, i disagree. Kinda seems the opposite if you don't want to talk about you :)

14. Banned
    Thanks Rex, but don't hold me up as any example. I'm a poor one at best. Give all the Glory to Jesus Christ. It was He who changed me from what I was, to whatever I might be. He had to smack me upside the head, and bring me to my knees, just to get my attention, but He did it.

And best of all. He's not finished with me yet. :)

15. Banned
    Why share my "story" if it has nothing to do with Joshua 6:21? :) if we were fishing a tournament and you asked, I'd give you a brief version, but why is it important to you numerous posts in the past? If you read that as prideful, i disagree. Kinda seems the opposite if you don't want to talk about you :)
    I read you... loud and clear.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    If you are looking for a pity party for being attecked, you best go find your buddies under the bridge you crawled out, and spew your pretentious self-righteousness there.
    How nice.
    Last edited by rexico; 05-22-2022 at 12:40 AM.

17. Banned
    In order to get to your position, on your religion, you have to be influenced by a caregiver when you were young.

18. Member
    In order to get to your position, on your religion, you have to be influenced by a caregiver when you were young.
    Wrong. There are numerous christians that had zero religious support or mentoring when young. That has nothing to do with them learning that Jesus calls all men to repent. Or that God created everything, not pure chance.

19. Member
    Understand, that I was raised in church, attending most every Sunday, Sunday school, Bible school, ect. so I get it.
    Rex
    This is the problem with those that fail to keep track of their lies, since the above statement has NO CORRELATION with your questioning and posting against God's actions and reasoning in Scripture, unless, you are trying to attribute your disappointments and failures against God, in which case would give some reasoning to your accusations.

What I notice is no one answered the "do you have empathy"?
    Is there "empathy" for those in Sodom and Gomorrah?
    Is there "empathy" for those babies that are killed because of abortion? Or the people who support that form of infanticide?

They way civilization is going a chastisement is in order.

We concern ourselves with something that we have no control over (empathy over the killing of people in the Bible)....the rate of abortions is something that mankind can change.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast