2013 250 proxs - fuel rail bolts backing out

Mercury 2013 250 Proxs
    Was hoping to get a bit of help. My motor has been running cold. Backed off the fuel rail nuts, removed and cleaned the thermostats on stove with hot water. Re-installed t-stats and torqued t-stats and fuel rail nuts to spec. Ran motor in driveway, water pressure is good, temperature returned to norma 118 to 132 for 2 cycles then started cycling from 109 to 114. Decided I would remove t-stats again and clean them. While removing the fuel rail nuts the bolts were turning out instead of the nut. Didnt realize it at first so all 4 bolts have backed out. I re-torqued all 4 bolts via the nut to spec hoping when the engine cools down they will grab again. Thoughts?

2. Member
    new loctite /red
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I never loosen the rail nuts, when cleaning thermostats.

I just remove the valve stem from the end of the rail.........Carefully

4. Member
    ^^^^^^ +2 ,,evidence of an experienced merc 3.0L Optimax owner right there
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Do you know what to torque them to?

6. Member
    35 ft lbs torque specs are in FAQ above

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor