Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    This is a very good and open response. Price increases we have seen boat OEM’s average are between 11% and 15% today. Our total supply chain costs, costs of retaining products in this supply chain challenge, would shock everyone.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    It's every boat manufacturer. I sell boats at Miller's Marine. Every one of our manufacturers are either updating their 2023 pricing or have just completed their 2023 model year pricing. The ones that haven't completed their price updates have told us to NOT quote pricing for new boat orders. All have stated there will be a 8 to 13% price increase. All price updates should be completed by months end. 2023 model boat production has started in most cases. We are still taking new boat orders for the companies that have not firmed up pricing, we are extremely open and up front with upcoming manufacturer price increases, we try to estimate them as best we can when working with the customer. Once the finalized pricing is released by the manufacturer and the customer feels it is too much for their ordered boat we would refund the customers deposit.

2. Member
    Friend of mine is a Cat dealer. Told me the last 7 or 8 rigs he has sold were to doctors, a lawyer, and men who owned their own business. All fully decked out at 89-95k. Said he gets no one looking for a 18ft/150. Average Joe isn't buying new boats anymore. He said all of his pre-orders will be fully decked out because his only market is the rich folks.

I believe that. Unfortunately, average Joe can’t afford a 100K boat. It’s just economics.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    Friend of mine is a Cat dealer. Told me the last 7 or 8 rigs he has sold were to doctors, a lawyer, and men who owned their own business. All fully decked out at 89-95k. Said he gets no one looking for a 18ft/150. Average Joe isn't buying new boats anymore. He said all of his pre-orders will be fully decked out because his only market is the rich folks.
    This is true. I just picked up a 2021 Caymas CX18SS at a price I could not refuse that nobody seemed to want.

5. Member
    Lots of good information on 2023 pricing and wait times. When will 2023 model information officially be released? Interested to see what BCB has planned for the newest models/if anything.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XRD View Post
    Exactly!!!!! The working man that made this hobby what it is...has been put out of this game
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PushinWeightBaits View Post
    Lots of good information on 2023 pricing and wait times. When will 2023 model information officially be released? Interested to see what BCB has planned for the newest models/if anything.

I'm also curious if anything is changing on the Puma STS. I have already ordered mine ('23) - but curious if anything will be different than the '22s. Like.. that massive drain in the floor. :D

There are no pressing changes to 2023 models other than one safety item that shifted to an option. Everything got a significant bump the last few years and there are no model announcements planned soon at this time.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PushinWeightBaits View Post
    Thats not totally true. You can still purchase a used P2 for $25K or some other brand of boat or even a different type of boat and still get on the water and fish. I grew up fishing out of an 11 foot Coleman Crawdad with a trolling motor. Caught 1000s and 1000s of fish out of that boat. The Puma STS isnt for everyone (although I sure wish it was) and we dont all need spot lock, live imaging and 12 inch screens. All those things are nice and heck, Im fortunate enough to own a P2 with some of that stuff but its not needed. If you want a glass boat, look for something used and dont be in a hurry. Then gradually add the trolling motor you want and the depth finders you want. Lots of fish are caught out of boats that dont cost $65-$100K.

10. Member
    Used market is excellent. I'd recommend that, if a new one is out of range.
    Last edited by Bogeypro; 07-14-2022 at 02:10 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    This is true. I just picked up a 2021 Caymas CX18SS at a price I could not refuse that nobody seemed to want.
    Beautiful boat by the way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234