Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2023 pricing and wait times....

I spoke to a local dealer today about pricing for a new Eyra and he was hesitant to give me any pricing because the 2023 pricing hasn't come out yet. He told me the updated pricing could be 8% or more on the standard boat, not including any upgraded items which will most likely increase in pricing as well.

Wait times.... I've had two conversations this week about the current wait times and understandably we know things are backed up - so to no fault of BassCat's.
    One mentioned the boat was ordered in September '21 and still has not received a delivery date and another was told could be 12 months on new orders this month.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to order that new BassCat anytime soon!

2. Member
    Elections have consequences…I hate it for you because I’m in the wait line too…

3. Member
    A dealer in Ohio had 2 new eyra's in stock one was priced at $100k the other at $107k .... I bought used

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    A dealer in Ohio had 2 new eyra's in stock one was priced at $100k the other at $107k .... I bought used
    I dont blame you ! Theyve priced me out of new boats to !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Runner View Post
    i was quoted 84k plus taxes and fees for a 2023 caracal recently.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

No different than any product we don’t price anyone out of anything other than by our choices of design, equipment, quality and costs. The rest is market and consumer regulated by prices and choices.

Engine availability on Mercury is supposedly improving by October, other than R series product, other brands are not presently seeing improvement.

Today the wait times on Bass Cat’s are into October on delivery for new orders. The 2023 pricing is slated to release in June and likely above the 8% noted listing. Just yesterday five (5) materials and relative product announced increases averaging appx. 13% to 17% at our cost. While that impacts our pricing, it is not sequential to our anticipated change. Price increases will be somewhere in between the 8% and 13% we hope.

No doubt we all know what costs have done on everything from petroleum products to labor and we can’t get enough of anything anywhere. Add to that the change coming in interest rates, which also increases our cost now and even more to come, as dealer inventory increases those costs.

Some engine brands are extended in time frame. Those boats with unavailable engines will remain on a hold status until we do receive an engine and we will rush them through. In one brand, which we are not presently scheduled to receive, those engines are holding a few boat orders out near 12 months today on dated orders. We appealed to the engine company for relief his week, on the basis of those being their consumers, and the appeal was not reacted to favorably as of this time.

We order engines out up to 18 months in advance of production. We do not order any part for “your boat”. They are ordered often way prior to any boat being ordered in speculation of needing X number of 175 Pro XS engines, and Z number of 400 Verado’s. We can adjust slightly, though not much.

A memo to dealers with full availability details is slated to release next week to inform them of our plans moving forwards. We know this has been difficult for all of us.

Thank you all for your patience.

BCB
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-07-2022 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    i was quoted 84k plus taxes and fees for a 2023 caracal recently.
    Thats crazy , I know everything has went up in the recent past but a NEW bass boat is something I dont have to have , its for pleasure and not a necessity . Its gotten to the point of being stupid expensive and ppl are having to take out 15 plus year loans to be able to afford the note . Im not doing that !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

[QUOTE=Gun Runner;12481587]Thats crazy , I know everything has went up in the recent past but a NEW bass boat is something I dont have to have , its for pleasure and not a necessity . Its gotten to the point of being stupid expensive and ppl are having to take out 15 plus year loans to be able to afford the note . Im not doing
    Last edited by Blue Steel; 05-07-2022 at 10:25 PM.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Maybe work a few hours overtime so as not to finance toys.
    Im sorry , but " a few hrs of overtime " isnt gonna buy a $100,000.00 bass boat . I just bought a new motor and paid cash for it . It took me 5 years to save that kind of money and at that rate a 100 thousand dollar bass boat would only take me 25 years to be able to buy one . Shoot , by that time boats will probably be 200 grand and Ill be 66 yrs old and could probably care less about a new boat . Like I said , theyve priced me out of the new boat market , I just dont think its a smart move for most average ppl to spend that kind of money for something thats not a necessity .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    No different than any product we don’t price anyone out of anything other than by our choices of design, equipment, quality and costs. Engine availability on Mercury is supposedly improving by October, other than R series product, other brands are not presently seeing improvement.

Today the wait times on products are into October on delivery for new orders. The 2023 pricing is slated to release in June and will have a price increase likely above the 8% noted listing. Just yesterdays five (5) materials and relative product increase announcements averaged appx. 13% to 17% at our cost. While that impacts our pricing, it also is not sequential to our anticipated change, it will be somewhere in between the 8% and 13% we hope.

No doubt we all know what costs have done on everything from petroleum products to labor and we can’t get enough of anything anywhere. Add to that the change coming in interest rates, which increases our cost now and to come with dealers inventory stocking costs.

There are a few engines extended, in one brand which we are not presently slated to receive, and those engines are holding some boat orders out past 12 months on anticipated delivery at this time. We appealed for relief his week on the basis of those being their consumers and the appeal was not reacted to favorably as of this time. Those boats with that engine will remain on a hold status until we do receive an engine and we will rush them through.

A memo to dealers with full available details is slated to release next week to inform them of plans moving forwards.

Thank you all for your patience.

BCB
    Glad I bought my 2022 Cougar when I did.
    Yes, I paid too much, in my mind anyway, but I sold my 2016 Puma for more than I thought it was worth as well, so I guess it all evens out.
    Thanks Sherm for having the perfect boat, for me anyway, on your floor and getting in the new Garmin LS 2 days prior to pick up, so I have that as well.

11. Banned
    Im sorry , but " a few hrs of overtime " isnt gonna buy a $100,000.00 bass boat . I just bought a new motor and paid cash for it . It took me 5 years to save that kind of money and at that rate a 100 thousand dollar bass boat would only take me 25 years to be able to buy one . Shoot , by that time boats will probably be 200 grand and Ill be 66 yrs old and could probably care less about a new boat . Like I said , theyve priced me out of the new boat market , I just dont think its a smart move for most average ppl to spend that kind of money for something thats not a necessity .
    It has always been a stupid expensive hobby. It seems to be getting worse.

12. Member
    i looked at a new Bentley and they priced me out of a new car so what’s your point.

I remember getting a quote on a 2001 champion 196 with a 200 Yamaha. 26K, I told the dealer I'd never pay that much for a bass boat Interest rates going up will put the brakes on the number of orders BCB and others will receive. Highly doubt prices will back up any though.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Maybe work a few hours overtime so as not to finance toys.
    Spoken like a true BBCer.��

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    i looked at a new Bentley and they priced me out of a new car so what’s your point.
    This makes zero sense to me . I get that your trying to be a smart azz , im just not sure of what your trying to say .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTRCraft View Post
    Spoken like a true BBCer.��
    I've worked many 100t hour weeks for 34 years, it's all about priorities.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

17. Member
    Today the wait times on Bass Cat’s are into October on delivery for new orders.
    I talked to two different dealers this week about a new order (with a Mercury). One told me 7-8 months and the other told me 9-12 months.

One told me they MAY have a particular dealer-ordered model beginning production in June-July. They said it’d be a 2023 and couldn’t give me pricing on it.

I can custom order a 2022 now and know what the price is… but may not get it until some time between October and next May…. or I could buy the dealer-ordered 2023 model and probably have it by August, but I won’t knows the price until it begins production in June? Makes no sense to me.

I’m not fussing at BCB… just seems whacky.
    2023 Puma STS

18. Member
    Thats crazy , I know everything has went up in the recent past but a NEW bass boat is something I dont have to have , its for pleasure and not a necessity . Its gotten to the point of being stupid expensive and ppl are having to take out 15 plus year loans to be able to afford the note . Im not doing that !
    I get it, its crazy but there's a guy right behind you ready to buy that boat you didn't.

Delivery dates on sold units are October now, not 7-8 or 9-12 months.

Pricing today is estimated for 2023 as we are not taking 2022 orders, as it is sold out. Dealers have an anticipated range on the percentage of price and our goal in 2023 is to hit that target. However, final details have not been received on component increases.

This pattern is often similar with vehicles when they change model year, there are no prices until the factory completes the preparation of programs.

In this supply chain climate, we received two custom order vehicles and the price moved on both the 2021 and the 2022. The 2022 came in 30 days before the 2021. Before those we ordered a Dodge Ram 1 ton that has not been received yet, nor do we know what that final pricing will be. They have said it was in delivery 4 weeks ago, when it actually ships is the question.

To be clear on 2023 pricing, we do not have any locks on pricing at this time. The orders in the system prior to ‘23 will be recognized at prices given to dealerships, based on two deadline dates on changes in programs mid season.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I talked to two different dealers this week about a new order (with a Mercury). One told me 7-8 months and the other told me 9-12 months.

One told me they MAY have a particular dealer-ordered model beginning production in June-July. They said it’d be a 2023 and couldn’t give me pricing on it.

I can custom order a 2022 now and know what the price is… but may not get it until some time between October and next May…. or I could buy the dealer-ordered 2023 model and probably have it by August, but I won’t knows the price until it begins production in June? Makes no sense to me.

I’m not fussing at BCB… just seems whacky.

20. Member
    To be clear on 2023 pricing, we do not have any locks on pricing at this time. The orders in the system prior to ‘23 will be recognized at prices given to dealerships, based on two deadline dates on changes in programs mid season.

BCB
    Thanks for clarifying. It was probably just some miscommunication between me and the dealer. Going to give them a call tomorrow and set up a time to go by there and talk details.
    2023 Puma STS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast