Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Man, what happens when the upcoming recession hits and people see their 1-year-old boat lose half its value?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Man, what happens when the upcoming recession hits and people see their 1-year-old boat lose half its value?
    My 2022 Cougar is paid for, I'll just go fishing.
    It's only money...

Thats gonna suck for them !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

I don't see a year old boat losing 1/2 its value with new boat price increasing $17K. But if a year old STS Puma becomes available for $54K I'm in.

5. Member
    Looks like the Fed will continuing to raise interest rates which is only going to increase the total cost of the purchase. If you’re ready to buy, I’d get locked in to a loan now.

Wonder how a poor economy/ reduction in demand for bass boats will impact pricing?? I’m guessing BCB will strategically reduce the volume of inventory to align with market demand, holding pricing where it needs to be. Let’s hope we avoid a major recession. I’d rather pay more for a boat than deal with another 2009.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB123 View Post
    Don’t really understand how they could know the price for next year with everything going on? I feel like they have a pretty solid range. If you as a buyer are expecting a 10% increase, and it ends up being 12%, you probably don’t need to be looking at a new boat anyways, if that extra 2% holds you back, right? That’s legit like $10-$20 a month if you finance.
    This this, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ all day, everyday!!!!!!!

If 8-10k hinders your ability to buy a 100k toy, you couldn't afford the damn thing in the first place.

7. Banned
    That recession(depression???) is coming at us like a breakaway locomotive rolling downhill. It would really suck to have that kind of debt with what we have coming our way.

There is lots of speculation on the coming of a recession. While none of us know the outcome last week a Bank of America contracted independent analyst group informed us that they do not see recession for at least 3 years. No matter what any of us think, this group has missed zero predictions and have forecasted every downturn since WWII.

They could be due to miss one, however haven’t yet. Of course you can all convince us there is one on the dawn of the horizon.

9. Member
    Talked to the dealer I trust most today and he helped me understand what his rep is telling him on the 2023 pricing. Looks like it may still be a possibility for me. Decisions decisions! :D
    2023 Puma STS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    My 2022 Cougar is paid for, I'll just go fishing.
    It's only money...
    same no bills so looking forward to empty lakes for a change!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Member
    Dont see it happening, government will just keep pumping inflated money into the economy. If it does collapse the loss on your bass boat is the least of your worries. Who cares about half price bass boats when a loaf of bread is $100. I foresee only 2 scenarios, Full total collapse and North America becomes a 3rd world contanent (very possible) or the average personal income is $200k a year.

after pricing out new boats including $107US k bass cat I went lightly used cougar. If the new 2023 rigs go up 15% so does my used rig. I sold my 2013 ranger last month and made $5000 on it....

Very good analogy, no matter if you are buying a 2023 model or a 2003 model. No one will be selling their used boats at 2019 used boat prices pre-pandemic. The escalation in Used boats is due to demand and inflation on new boats. Affordability becomes a point and the American consumer has more cash on hand (actual cash) than at any time in our history. The younger generation that’s working now is slated to be the wealthiest generation in our history. As with anything and any family, some things are affordable and some are not. And some things are just conscious decisions. If no one buys new boats watch the price tag on those used boats rise even higher one day. It has done this in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    after pricing out new boats including $107US k bass cat I went lightly used cougar. If the new 2023 rigs go up 15% so does my used rig. I sold my 2013 ranger last month and made $5000 on it....

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The younger generation that’s working now is slated to be the wealthiest generation in our history.
    I seriously doubt it.
    https://www.truthinaccounting.org/ab...SAAEgJFJvD_BwE
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    When it takes a ten to do what five used to do, it will appear that they are the wealthiest generation in american history.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PushinWeightBaits View Post
    The impact of inflation on current market condition is horrific. We all need to make realistic decisions based on our own situations and financial limits. As frustrating as it is for the price of products to spike for the consumer, I empathize with manufacturers who are trying to strategize how to deal with volatile conditions. Paying $123k for a bass boat is a tough pill to swallow for me, but so is the increase in the medium price of homes in San Diego ($990k) or the average rent for a 1 bedroom apt ($3000/month). It’s a choice and the current conditions are resulting in me shifting towards an advantage model instead of premium. I am concerned about resale value down the road. I know the used boat market is hot now, but will it stay that way in 5 years or will I need to swallow the inflated cost?? Something for me to think about before pulling the trigger.

And I celebrate those that can afford to buy their dream boat and package w/ the latest and greatest technology! I can’t do it now, but I’ll do everything I can to try to make it happen. I just may need to move to a place with a more realistic cost of living and avoid the sunshine tax.

Good luck to everyone purchasing a new boat or taking the proper steps to make it happen!
    Simply speculation here... They all use the same motors, electronics, etc.. I'd imagine that most of the products in the boat are fairly similar across the industry. I'm in the computer industry...it's very similar for us. There's a few manufacturers that supply all the parts for all the makers.

Engines, electronics and similar branded items are the same. We do install more components and mounting hardware than other brands offer. We have some production items that are also the same. Many of our internal products are unique, just as they are between various computer brands, whichs why many in your career won’t buy a certain brand of laptop. Those same price and quality choices exist in boat manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    Simply speculation here... They all use the same motors, electronics, etc.. I'd imagine that most of the products in the boat are fairly similar across the industry. I'm in the computer industry...it's very similar for us. There's a few manufacturers that supply all the parts for all the makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    No different than any product we don’t price anyone out of anything other than by our choices of design, equipment, quality and costs. The rest is market and consumer regulated by prices and choices.

Engine availability on Mercury is supposedly improving by October, other than R series product, other brands are not presently seeing improvement.

Today the wait times on Bass Cat’s are into October on delivery for new orders. The 2023 pricing is slated to release in June and likely above the 8% noted listing. Just yesterday five (5) materials and relative product announced increases averaging appx. 13% to 17% at our cost. While that impacts our pricing, it is not sequential to our anticipated change. Price increases will be somewhere in between the 8% and 13% we hope.

No doubt we all know what costs have done on everything from petroleum products to labor and we can’t get enough of anything anywhere. Add to that the change coming in interest rates, which also increases our cost now and even more to come, as dealer inventory increases those costs.

Some engine brands are extended in time frame. Those boats with unavailable engines will remain on a hold status until we do receive an engine and we will rush them through. In one brand, which we are not presently scheduled to receive, those engines are holding a few boat orders out near 12 months today on dated orders. We appealed to the engine company for relief his week, on the basis of those being their consumers, and the appeal was not reacted to favorably as of this time.

We order engines out up to 18 months in advance of production. We do not order any part for “your boat”. They are ordered often way prior to any boat being ordered in speculation of needing X number of 175 Pro XS engines, and Z number of 400 Verado’s. We can adjust slightly, though not much.

A memo to dealers with full availability details is slated to release next week to inform them of our plans moving forwards. We know this has been difficult for all of us.

Thank you all for your patience.

BCB
    Thank you for the open look into what is going on.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I just don’t get it. How can you expect someone to order now and pay 2023 pricing when nobody can tell us what the price is? As stated previously, a 2023 could be 8-13% higher. Maybe some people can afford to order a boat and find out later whether they owe another $10k, but I’m not one of those people. I guess this officially knocks me out of the market for a new Cat. And frankly, it kills my enthusiasm about BCB.

edit: after re-reading your post… maybe you left something out?

“You can order a new boat next _____”

Maybe I can’t order a new boat NOW?
    it no different at other manufacturers truck and boats included
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    Talked to the dealer I trust most today and he helped me understand what his rep is telling him on the 2023 pricing. Looks like it may still be a possibility for me. Decisions decisions! :D

Hopefully everything works out between you and said "Trusted Dealer"!

If you continue to run into road-blocks in terms of getting pricing/ordering a 2023. Shoot me a PM

Local is always better and I would like to remain out of the situation entirely.

But, we have to cater towards customers in this time of price increases and long production times, therefore I find it a little bit crazy that a dealer won't price a 2023 right now.

Thanks again,
    Sam - BoatWrX

20. Member
    It's every boat manufacturer. I sell boats at Miller's Marine. Every one of our manufacturers are either updating their 2023 pricing or have just completed their 2023 model year pricing. The ones that haven't completed their price updates have told us to NOT quote pricing for new boat orders. All have stated there will be a 8 to 13% price increase. All price updates should be completed by months end. 2023 model boat production has started in most cases. We are still taking new boat orders for the companies that have not firmed up pricing, we are extremely open and up front with upcoming manufacturer price increases, we try to estimate them as best we can when working with the customer. Once the finalized pricing is released by the manufacturer and the customer feels it is too much for their ordered boat we would refund the customers deposit.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 06-05-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast