Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    To be clear on 2023 pricing, we do not have any locks on pricing at this time. The orders in the system prior to ‘23 will be recognized at prices given to dealerships, based on two deadline dates on changes in programs mid season.

BCB
    I'm getting conflicting information from various dealers.

If I don't have an order in yet, can I put an order in for a new boat now? If so, would it be at the (likely increased) 2023 pricing, or at the current 2022 pricing? I'm about ready to pull the trigger, but I can't seem to get a consistent answer from dealers about whether I can order one and what the price would be.

Or does my ability to order depend on what dealer I'm talking to?
    2023 Puma STS

You can order a new boat and it will be a 2023 model likely delivery to be October today. It is also possible early November, all depending on the time line of the order entry. Anything entered now will be at 2023 pricing and that is still being formulated.

We can not lock our vendor prices and they continue to escalate. For example the new pricing on Mercury engines takes effect in a few days, no matter when those orders were placed for delivery.

Our pricing on industry components changes for model year over the next 90 days. We have to estimate some of that pricing as the companies do not present changes until late. On May 9th we received 2 more price notices with changes above single digit percentages.

Yes, the text needed some help as noted below. It was edited on 5/10/2022.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-10-2022 at 07:40 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    You can order a new boat next it will be a 2023 model likely delivery to be October today. It also possibly is early November depending on the time line of the order entry. Anything entered now will be at 2023 pricing.
    I just don’t get it. How can you expect someone to order now and pay 2023 pricing when nobody can tell us what the price is? As stated previously, a 2023 could be 8-13% higher. Maybe some people can afford to order a boat and find out later whether they owe another $10k, but I’m not one of those people. I guess this officially knocks me out of the market for a new Cat. And frankly, it kills my enthusiasm about BCB.

edit: after re-reading your post… maybe you left something out?

“You can order a new boat next _____”

Maybe I can’t order a new boat NOW?
    2023 Puma STS

The Text is edited and errors cleaned up some. Sorry about that we were rushing last night.

We apologize if this does not seem consumer friendly though we doubt that a truck can be ordered now with a price lock on any brand for 2023. Lumber is not locked, and many items fluctuate on a market commodity. We try to get details down and estimates of boat companies range from 10% to 15% for 2023, we are trying to be on the lower end. However, the numbers are still incoming.

BCB

5. Member
    Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately that means I’m most likely done with BassCat.

I was given a price on a 2022 last week, and now discover that the dealer can’t actually order me that 2022 and a 2023 will PROBABLY cost 8-13% more, but nobody knows for sure. I’m welcome to go ahead and order it though, and pay the $9-14k difference later. Riiight.
    2023 Puma STS

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately that means I’m most likely done with BassCat.

I was given a price on a 2022 last week, and now discover that the dealer can’t actually order me that 2022 and a 2023 will PROBABLY cost 8-13% more, but nobody knows for sure. I’m welcome to go ahead and order it though, and pay the $9-14k difference later. Riiight.
    Best to look for the lightly used BCB. That way you can possibly get a near perfect rig for a price you can negotiate. Plus you might be able to avoid sales tax that can be as much as 10% on a new boat.

Here is how crazy this pricing is getting, and it's not BCB!
    I got a quote on a new boat on April 12 2022 with the Power Pole Charge priced at $960.00. I received a back instock notice from Tackle Wharehouse on Friday May 6th 2022 that same Power Pole Charge system is priced at $1999.99!!!!! I don't know about y'all's math, but mine says that's an increase of over 100%.
    Brian Schuler
    USMC Retired

A true Hero gets out of bed every morning and goes about lifes daily tasks unnoticed, unassuming, and unsung.

A true Hero takes on responsibility, speaks kindly, acts fairly, endures patiently. And facing every day with simple strength.

A true Hero persists in the things that really matter.

2013 Allison BasSport Pro Elite
    Mercury 250 Sport XS

8. Member
    Guys, we buy paper (I'm a printer) everyday and each week it is more than last week, when we can even get it. We didn't do 2 large (for us) jobs this year because we couldn't buy enough paper at any price to do them. It is what it is. Free money, and what happens at the ballot box, have consequences.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Guys, we buy paper (I'm a printer) everyday and each week it is more than last week, when we can even get it. We didn't do 2 large (for us) jobs this year because we couldn't buy enough paper at any price to do them. It is what it is. Free money, and what happens at the ballot box, have consequences.
    I’m not fussing about the increase of price. But, would you order paper without knowing the price?
    2023 Puma STS

It's a strange world we live in right now. Mercury has yet to announce their price increase let alone any company producing parts and materials for a boat build. Take fuel for example, price changes dailey which also dictates price of materials. At least Rick is being upfront and honest.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I just don’t get it. How can you expect someone to order now and pay 2023 pricing when nobody can tell us what the price is? As stated previously, a 2023 could be 8-13% higher. Maybe some people can afford to order a boat and find out later whether they owe another $10k, but I’m not one of those people. I guess this officially knocks me out of the market for a new Cat. And frankly, it kills my enthusiasm about BCB.

edit: after re-reading your post… maybe you left something out?

“You can order a new boat next _____”

Maybe I can’t order a new boat NOW?
    Basically they can’t build them fast enough. So why take anymore orders at the current price? Take the order at the higher price. When people are lined up to buy them why wouldn’t they have increases? It’s really getting almost unbelievable.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

12. Member
    Building a house right now is at cost plus. And you don’t know what cost is until you see the receipts. Bcb is likely trying to find a pricing model that stays fixed for 2023 which can’t be easy. Some materials may go up, others go down - and it likely fluctuates each month. They are trying to commit to static pricing but without knowledge of what the future holds (in either direction). Cost plus could solve that but don’t think that would fly in the boating industry. Overall I think you’re just in a spot where you need to wait until 2023 pricing comes out and then make a decision.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Best to look for the lightly used BCB. That way you can possibly get a near perfect rig for a price you can negotiate. Plus you might be able to avoid sales tax that can be as much as 10% on a new boat.
    Thats what I did. I went to order a new Caracal last fall and knew it would be a year before I got it and the price was crazy. I ended up getting a loaded 21 Caracal with very low hours that has way more options than what I would have ordered for way cheaper. Only thing is the colors were not what I wanted, but beggars can’t be choosers in this market.

14. Member
    I’m not fussing about the increase of price. But, would you order paper without knowing the price?
    Yes we do. We make the purchase before it is purchased by someone just as desperate as we are.
    Sometimes we don't know what it costs until it's at our dock.

15. Member
    Someone that buys anything without knowing what it costs until they get it, is either stupid or can afford it and it doesn’t matter!
    I will sell you anything I have for cost…….. PLUS. You name the cost and I will name the Plus.

16. Member
    Don’t really understand how they could know the price for next year with everything going on? I feel like they have a pretty solid range. If you as a buyer are expecting a 10% increase, and it ends up being 12%, you probably don’t need to be looking at a new boat anyways, if that extra 2% holds you back, right? That’s legit like $10-$20 a month if you finance.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB123 View Post
    Don’t really understand how they could know the price for next year with everything going on? I feel like they have a pretty solid range. If you as a buyer are expecting a 10% increase, and it ends up being 12%, you probably don’t need to be looking at a new boat anyways, if that extra 2% holds you back, right? That’s legit like $10-$20 a month if you finance.
    The boat I priced for 2022 was $108k. An 8-13% range is $8,600-$14,000.

There’s no guarantee it isn’t more than 13%. I’m not the kind of person who finances something for long periods and pays on it forever.

A new boat simply isn’t worth $123k to me. I think BassCat builds a better product than Phoenix, but I can get in a 920 Elite with all of the same options for under 100k. BassCats boat and trailer is nicer, but not worth an extra 25k to me.

I'm not a big Ranger fan, but even the new 520R is considerably cheaper at the moment.

It’s not a matter of being able to afford it or not afford it - it’s a matter of what makes the most sense.
    Last edited by TNReb; 05-11-2022 at 08:03 AM.
    2023 Puma STS

18. Member
    The impact of inflation on current market condition is horrific. We all need to make realistic decisions based on our own situations and financial limits. As frustrating as it is for the price of products to spike for the consumer, I empathize with manufacturers who are trying to strategize how to deal with volatile conditions. Paying $123k for a bass boat is a tough pill to swallow for me, but so is the increase in the medium price of homes in San Diego ($990k) or the average rent for a 1 bedroom apt ($3000/month). It’s a choice and the current conditions are resulting in me shifting towards an advantage model instead of premium. I am concerned about resale value down the road. I know the used boat market is hot now, but will it stay that way in 5 years or will I need to swallow the inflated cost?? Something for me to think about before pulling the trigger.

And I celebrate those that can afford to buy their dream boat and package w/ the latest and greatest technology! I can’t do it now, but I’ll do everything I can to try to make it happen. I just may need to move to a place with a more realistic cost of living and avoid the sunshine tax.

Good luck to everyone purchasing a new boat or taking the proper steps to make it happen!

I'm getting conflicting information from various dealers.

If I don't have an order in yet, can I put an order in for a new boat now? If so, would it be at the (likely increased) 2023 pricing, or at the current 2022 pricing? I'm about ready to pull the trigger, but I can't seem to get a consistent answer from dealers about whether I can order one and what the price would be.

Or does my ability to order depend on what dealer I'm talking to?
    Sent you two emails, please let me know if you got them
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

20. Member
    Random update - I spoke to another out-of-state dealer today. They said they COULD price me a 2023 Puma STS. I figure they're just guessing what they think the boat will invoice at and leaving enough cushion so that they still make money on it.

It was $17k higher than the 2022 I recently priced elsewhere. Ouch.
    2023 Puma STS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast