22 Fury or 22 Razor?

Anyone have any experience with one vs the other? I emailed Mark once direct and also thru his shop and got both as a recommendation, now I don't know which one to get! And what would the difference be between the Razor 3 and the Razor 4XL? Which would offer the best top end? Has anyone ordered the Razor and had to change it out?

22 fury is a small diameter 3 blade at 14in. It needs to run deep. The razor is most like an OMC raker with a better hub and vent system and 14.5 diameter. The razor4 XL is most like a bravo1 xs and 15in diameter. All 3 have a purpose. Since you didnt give any info on your boat, you are on your own.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Scraps
    I just ordered a Razor 4 XL as a spare for a Fury 3 24P. Have not run it yet, but anxious to. Beautiful prop, two vent ports at each location. I got this for better all around running in all water conditions and I pull a tube a little bit. Also was getting a little scared reading all the stories of Fury's throwing blades. You can find the Fury's used for sale, but can't find a Bravo XS and prices are real high right now. Had no problem getting the Razor.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    IMO, the Razor is a very good prop, at a reasonable price, from a knowledgeable source.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

5. Member
    I agree to all the above. I know I am light on the overall info at the moment because I have not had a chance to run the new motor with any prop yet. The boat is a 2004 Nitro Cdx Dc. Heavy and not considered a fast hull. With the 2011 2 stroke 200 I ran the 24p Fury 3 blade at 5600rpm and 62-63 tourney load and 2 people. That motor topped at 5750rpm but I never could get it there with that prop but was happy with the overall performance. The new 4strokes run 6000-6200rpm so I am thinking 22p. I was really just looking for insight on the Razor. Is the 3 somewhat comparable to the Fury, if not maybe better? And if i went with the 4 or 4XL would I be losing top end over the three. I understand not having any numbers for the new motor make it more difficult but I am trying to get the best possible scenario for the initial setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rmac828 View Post
    I agree to all the above. I know I am light on the overall info at the moment because I have not had a chance to run the new motor with any prop yet. The boat is a 2004 Nitro Cdx Dc. Heavy and not considered a fast hull. With the 2011 2 stroke 200 I ran the 24p Fury 3 blade at 5600rpm and 62-63 tourney load and 2 people. That motor topped at 5750rpm but I never could get it there with that prop but was happy with the overall performance. The new 4strokes run 6000-6200rpm so I am thinking 22p. I was really just looking for insight on the Razor. Is the 3 somewhat comparable to the Fury, if not maybe better? And if i went with the 4 or 4XL would I be losing top end over the three. I understand not having any numbers for the new motor make it more difficult but I am trying to get the best possible scenario for the initial setup.
    I cant tell you a pitch until you run a known pitch propeller WFO and get a baseline rpm. The fury 3 tends to be a great top end propeller on a LIGHT BOAT with a LIGHT LOAD. When you add two people, livewells full, 4 batteries, two peoples fishing gear etc etc.....they tend to fall on there face and are junk. They do not carry a load very well. I have seen boats go from a fury 3 to a bravo1 and pick up 7 miles per hour. Its not typical but it happened on a fully loaded Nitro Z21. The razor 3 is very similar to the OMC raker, the razor 4 is somewhat similar to a trophy and the razor 4xl is much like a bravo 1. I think you would be very happy with the razor 4xl. They do run stiff.....holeshot, mid range, handling and carrying a load will greatly improve with the razor xl.....you may or may not loose 1-2mph on top....you may gain. No one can tell you that till you get your engine broken in and do some wide open runs.

7. Member
    going to want a 4 blade bravo type prop likely like marks 4xl
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Update...Was not able to pick up my boat with the new 200 Merc on Friday so I will get it on Tuesday. I should have some numbers and pertinent info on it with the 24 Fury 3 by the end of the week. I also ended up going with the Razor 3 in a 21p. Should have some numbers on it by early next week. Made that decision after speaking with Mark. Prop came in yesterday and I am stoked to get them both run. Thanks for the input thus far and I will post more as I get updated run info!

9. Member

1st run update!

So after a couple delays and a break in day I finally got to pull some numbers on the Fury 24p 3 blade. Made a few solo runs with 2/3 fuel (57 gal tank) and normal gear in mild chop.

Nitro 901 CDX dual console
    2022 Merc (200L Pxs TM 4s)
    SR#3B180364
    Fury 3, 24p @ 3.75" Prop to Pad
    5400 rpm @ WOT and 65.4 mph on GPS

Found I needed to bump the trim down a smidge as at full trim got a little walkie. I have my new Croxton Razor 3 in a 21p but have not opened the box yet. Wanted to get some thoughts on what folks think (including Mark) before I popped the seal on the Razor.

Chine walk is good... Loose is fast. You cant go fast dragging the hull in the water. Trimming down is leaving speed on the table.

To get top speed, You will need to learn how to drive a fast boat to it's potential.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Razor 3 update: 2004 Nitro 901 CDx DC with 2022 Merc 200 4s 3B180364
    So I was finally able to get some time with my Croxton prop on the new Merc 200 4stroke. The 21p Razor 3 had a hole shot of maybe 2 seconds. I mean it is a launcher! Messed with the height a little and settled back in at 3.75" PTP. Same as I had for my other prop. Am going to have Mark up the pitch for me as I was a little over 6300 rpm WOT at a max speed of 61mph. Grip was awesome and handled very well but at low speeds I had a lot of bounce of the bow. Will have to speak with Mark on that for a recommendation.