2004 HPDI 225 break in

Just got a brand new power installed and this is the paper they gave me. Everything I’ve read online was just taking 2 hours to break in. This is nuts. The motor is a 2004 225 hpdi.

FIRST 10 HOURS OF YOUR NEW ENGINE'S LIFE ARE VERY IMPORTANT.PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS A GUIDELINE.
    BREAK-N
    + Do not perform break-in on water hose.
    + Use a mid-grade octane major manufacturer fuel without ethanol/ alchohol.
    PROCEDURES
    + Double your oil with a major manufacturer TCW-3 oil. (excludes direct injected engines)
    + Liquid cooled engines should be slowly brought up to normal operating temperature to avoid cold seizure.
    + For the first hour, operate the engine at a varied speed of 700-1500 RPM to break-in new pistons and rings.
    + During the next 6 hours, operate the engine in gear at no more than 3,000 RPM. Accelerate using only enough throttle to bring to plane and quickly bring back throttle to maintain plane. Vary your engine speed by accelerating to 3/4 throttle for 1 to 2 minutes, then back to minimal plane speed.During the final 3 hours you may operate the boat at wide-open throttle for periods of less than 2 minutes.
    + It is very Important to avoid operating at a constant speed of 3,000 to 4,000 RPM or continuous full throttle fo
    the first 10 hours. This is the economy range in which the timing is at full advance and carburetor or fuel
    injection is running lean. This could lead to overheating and piston detonation.
    + Cvlinder heads should he re-torqued after the 10 hour break-in period.

2. Member
    I had Hydrotech redo my '05 and both their instructions and the Yamaha manual recommend basically this. I have never read anywhere mentioning 2 hours.

3. Member
    Basically same instruction my friend got with his new powerhead for his 07. He just got thru the 1st 3 hours.

4. Member

5. Member
    I was told from Yamaha 1 hour slowest possible speed. 2nd and 3rd hour 4k rpm’s and various speed changes. Then remaining 7 hours run as normal but no wide open throttle for more then 5 minutes.