What's happened in the last 2 session????

I think today was a definite WTF day, especially with what happened yesterday. I am so freaking dizzy that I feel like I just hit the fence and flipped 360 at triple digits and landed on my hat instead of my wheels.
    Where do we go from here???
    Any ideas???

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    bizarre for sure. I don't know what to make of it.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    The way bond yields popped I would have figured that Bullard was on TV.

4. idbefishing
    The market had no good reason to pump yesterday and I expected the dump in overnight session. Surprised me that it waited til morning.
    I bought SPY 420 put at 2 minutes before close yesterday.

5. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I think today was a definite WTF day, especially with what happened yesterday. I am so freaking dizzy that I feel like I just hit the fence and flipped 360 at triple digits and landed on my hat instead of my wheels.
    Where do we go from here???
    Any ideas???
    I don’t mean to sound all gloomy but we’re not going to have a sustained up trend until the chit shows are over.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I don’t mean to sound all gloomy but we’re not going to have a sustained up trend until the chit shows are over.
    I completely agree with you that we can have these whiplash days, but I pray that they are not too many of them.

7. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I completely agree with you that we can have these whiplash days, but I pray that they are not too many of them.
    No way man, I love the wild swings. Traders make or lose the most money on these kind of days.

8. Member
    Local guy went from $6M to $50k in the 1st quarter of 2020 ... he had it all figured out too.

9. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Local guy went from $6M to $50k in the 1st quarter of 2020 ... he had it all figured out too.
    errrrr..........no he didn't

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    How did he manage that? Margin on his account or risky option bets? My broker likes to tell me the story of a client that lost millions using naked options. Why someone with millions would do that is beyond me. You only need to get rich once and then it is about preserving wealth and growing it at a reasonable rate. Warren Buffet had someone who worked with him way back that lost his money the same way.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    How did he manage that? Margin on his account or risky option bets? My broker likes to tell me the story of a client that lost millions using naked options. Why someone with millions would do that is beyond me. You only need to get rich once and then it is about preserving wealth and growing it at a reasonable rate. Warren Buffet had someone who worked with him way back that lost his money the same way.
    Didn't get into details. I'm positive about it due to a relationship with the person who was responsible for overseeing the end result.
    Going to guess he was doing all of the above, plus much more, due to early losses and a need to play hard to "recover" it quickly.

12. idbefishing
    6M is chump change, look up how much Bill Hwang blown up in TWO days