Thread: New tatula

New tatula

Anybody know when the new size 70 Tatula will be available for shipping?

I need to order a couple from Tackle Trap.

2. Member
    I'd go ahead and get on the list as it's probably first come first serve. I was contemplating it or a Curado 70 MGL for my wife since she has small hands and went with the Shimano although I plan on picking up the Tatula 70 once they become more available.

Thank you! I suggest you get your order in pretty quickly. TT has a limited number of most of the models coming in next week if all goes as planned, no right hand 8's coming on this shipment though. I'm excited to try one of these out myself!

4. Member
    Well dang, got to stay off this section. Just pre-ordered one from Tackle Trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Well dang, got to stay off this section. Just pre-ordered one from Tackle Trap.
    Me too. Ordered one in 6.3 for small cranks. If I like it as much as I think I will, I'll buy a few more in other ratios too. I see me using one of these for skipping smaller jigs and such under docks. Probably use one for lighter texas rigs and wacky's too. Thanks TT!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Me too. Ordered one in 6.3 for small cranks. If I like it as much as I think I will, I'll buy a few more in other ratios too. I see me using one of these for skipping smaller jigs and such under docks. Probably use one for lighter texas rigs and wacky's too. Thanks TT!
    I'm anxious to compare it with my new Curado 70 MGL, it came in this week hopefully get to use it tomorrow for the first time.

Great news guys! They are officially en-route to TT. They'll arrive this coming week in limited quantities (NO RH 8's coming in this first batch) and will ship out to all pre-order customers first come first served. I'm snagging one out of this batch for myself as I'm really excited about this one

Yes!! Been on the pre-order list for months..

9. Member
    Awesome I put in for a RH 7.1 but since it was yesterday I'm sure I'll have to wait a while longer.

10. Member
    If you can't wait then aliexpress has them but I don't know if Daiwa would honor the US warranty even though it is a US exclusive?

11. Member
    Also you can get the Alphas TW SV to your door for a bit under what a Tatula 70 SV will run you. It's the same reel but silver with a double supported pinon gear and a shorter handle that will have to be upgraded. Perfect color match for the Tatula Elite rods too. No US warranty on this one though.

12. Member
    Um, LowRange yes these reels can be sourced from Japanese retailers as well as others and most of the time cheaper but the point of the thread back to the OP was buying from Tackle Trap who is a board sponsor and offers a 10% discount to BBC members.

Thank you Cestratton, very much appreciate the sentiment and the support of a long time Bass Boat Central sponsor!

The Tatula 70's are on site (except for the RH 8 speed)! Get those orders in guys all pre-orders have shipped, again except for RH 8's.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Um, LowRange yes these reels can be sourced from Japanese retailers as well as others and most of the time cheaper but the point of the thread back to the OP was buying from Tackle Trap who is a board sponsor and offers a 10% discount to BBC members.
    Of course support the sponsor but when they are out they are out and you may have to pursue other options and its nice to know there are other options even if they are worse options. TT with discount code beats aliexpress prices AND there is no question about the warranty.

15. Member
    I just ordered a RH 8 from the Tackle Trap, wonder how long it will be to get it? I got to stay off their site as I need nothing yet I order something every time I get on it!