Thread: Maxxis Tires

Maxxis Tires

I know I have read many blogs regarding the dwindling quality of goodyear marathons but let me tell you about my incident with maxxis! The tires were fairly new (about 5K miles on them). Coming home from the lake and the read separates from the tire! Looked like the steel belt broke and about a 2 foot section of the middle part of the tread came completely off, sidewalls fine and air still in the tire but a section of tread gone and the steel belt curled up.

Now for the good part, I can't get anyone at maxxis to respond. Finally I received a response email that told me to keep calling the number maybe someone would answer! Couldn't believe it!

2. Member
    I had the same problem with a Maxxis about 10 years ago. Luckily I was close to a truck stop where I could safely change the tire.

3. Member
    I bought a quad of Maxxis 2 years ago. One looked like it was out of shape like it was stored wrong in storage at warehouse. Since I mount my own tires I seen the issue before mounted and returned for another. At $80 a tire which was cheapest name brand I could find I think there a good tire so far.

4. Member
    Goodyear Marathons have not been made for 10 yrs. And it was moved to Canada and was still a good tire then it got moved to China and that’s when it went downhill. They have since been redesigned and made in the Gadsden Alabama plant and now is the Endurance trailer tire and they are awesome quality. I’ve been running them since 2016 on a dual axle Ranger trailer and have not had any issues whatsoever.!!

5. Member
    When the US made Endurance tires came out, I sold the new chi-com tires I just bought. No regrets.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    When the US made Endurance tires came out, I sold the new chi-com tires I just bought. No regrets.
    Same for me.!! No Regrets at all.!!

7. Member
    Looks like I'll be going to Endurance