Thread: CDs

CDs

CD rates are looking better. Just picked up a 35 month one at 3% that pays monthly. New issue being issued May 11 and it is monthly pay. UBS Bank (UT) if anyone is interested.

2. Member
    Plenty of banks offering 2.85-2.90 for 24 months - Goldman, AmEx, Morgan Stanley, etc.
    Tap out Series I, grab up a TIPS EFT and snuggle up to a modest CD. Otherwise, I'd wait.
    Ain't even close to over. We have some seriously challenging pavement to travel downhill.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Plenty of banks offering 2.85-2.90 for 24 months - Goldman, AmEx, Morgan Stanley, etc.
    Tap out Series I, grab up a TIPS EFT and snuggle up to a modest CD. Otherwise, I'd wait.
    Ain't even close to over. We have some seriously challenging pavement to travel downhill.
    This was actually a 31 month so it is about 2.5 years. (matures November 2024) I like it because it pays interest monthly. I got another longer one that pays 3% for 3 years, 3.5% for 3 years, 4% for two years and 5% in the last year. This the only longer one I have and laddered the other on a 1-3 year maturity. Soon I will start buying some tax free municipals in another account if their yields get up in the 4% range.

4. Member
    I’m assuming these are on-line bank CD’s.? Our credit unions haven’t moved at all yet. Still at .45% for 13 months. I can’t do the on-line CD’s because my wife is computer illiterate. If I die she will be lost.

I tried my broker, but he takes the lions share of the interest and leaves me peanuts. I’m trying to find a CFP who will invest a very large amount in some type of fixed income safely for us. I can’t stand the guy they gave me when my guy retired in Janutary 2021. I’m with Stifel and very unhappy.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    I’m assuming these are on-line bank CD’s.? Our credit unions haven’t moved at all yet. Still at .45% for 13 months. I can’t do the on-line CD’s because my wife is computer illiterate. If I die she will be lost.

I tried my broker, but he takes the lions share of the interest and leaves me peanuts. I’m trying to find a CFP who will invest a very large amount in some type of fixed income safely for us. I can’t stand the guy they gave me when my guy retired in Janutary 2021. I’m with Stifel and very unhappy.
    I have an account at TD Ameritrade. I go online and it gives me a list of CDs, bonds, agencies treasuries etc. I just put in the credit quality and the duration (less than 1 year, 1-3 years etc.) and it gives you what is available. It shows up in your brokerage account just like a normal CD. The other account is at Ameriprise and I have to call my broker to buy and they don't have near the selection that TD Ameritrade has. I like being able to buy new issues and also see if they are quarterly pay, semi-annual, monthly etc.