Thread: Need Brake Help

Need Brake Help

I .... well actually a buddy, rebuilt my hubs while I watched and learned. The one on the left had developed a small leak, so decided to go ahead and do both at the same time. Got them done and everything put back together without too much trouble, only problem was getting a couple of the bolts out. Now after pulling it to the lake yesterday, the left one seems to be dragging the brake slightly. When the brakes are applied, it is not releasing fully, and I can hear it. What would cause this, we put everything back like it came off, is there some sort of adjustment to make?
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Did he remove the caliper during all of this? If so, are you sure he completely bled the brakes? Id lean more towards a pinched soft brake line, and I have seen this in the past. The master cylinder makes enough pressure to push past the kink, but the kink holds the pressure and wont let the fluid return back to the master cylinder. Check where your tongue folds for a pinch, esp. if you guys had your hands there.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Did he remove the caliper during all of this? If so, are you sure he completely bled the brakes? Id lean more towards a pinched soft brake line, and I have seen this in the past. The master cylinder makes enough pressure to push past the kink, but the kink holds the pressure and wont let the fluid return back to the master cylinder. Check where your tongue folds for a pinch, esp. if you guys had your hands there.
    Yes, the calipers were removed but nothing was unhooked, just moved to the side and sat on a bucket during the process. No, the brakes were not bled, everything was just put back in place and reattached. I'll take a look at the brake line and see if anything got kinked.
    Thanks

4. Member
    Did you guys grease the caliper slide pins? I am guessing probably not if you didn’t remove the pads but that could be it.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Did you guys grease the caliper slide pins? I am guessing probably not if you didn’t remove the pads but that could be it.
    Thanks, I'll look at that.