Removing the passenger console on a 2001 206

Any tricks or ideas on how to remove the console on a 206?

Thank you

2. Member
    i am also interested. There was a guy on facebook that i have seen do this and it looked decent. Hopefully he can chime in.

several members have done it over th eyears. you'll have to do some digging for pictures and procedures.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Pretty sure the consoles were not modular til new models in 2003 or later. I don’t remember exact year, but definitely after the move to TN from Mtn Home. Older ones were part of the top cap and not intended to be removed, so it would not be easy. My personal opinion? I would not attempt it. Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it.

5. Member
    I have an 01-196, the consoles are seperate from the cap and removable. I added one to mine. It may be hard to get off though.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Thanks, Scott. Most of the brochure pictures show the non-modular consoles, but the pics of the 196 don’t show the area too well. Appreciate the clarification!!!

7. Member
    i believe there is 2-3 screws in the rod locker and then 2-3 in the gunnel to remove. I have seen some skeeter guys do it and it pulled some gel coat off but im not sure with the champs.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmurtlow1 View Post
    i believe there is 2-3 screws in the rod locker and then 2-3 in the gunnel to remove. I have seen some skeeter guys do it and it pulled some gel coat off but im not sure with the champs.
    The modular consoles do have the screws as described, also some very strong glue. I had removed the passenger side on my 2005 198 by cutting the glue and prying after removing said screws.
    No gel coat damage, so be careful with the glue cutting. Use a sharp,thin blade and some soft wedges.
    I like having the option of a removable console.
    Nelson