First Time Power Pole Owner

Good morning folks

I just recently order my dual Power pole pro II with the S-2-6 bracket for my champion 206.

My question is just go into detail on the install, hose placement, pump placement, first time on the water, foot switch placement long term and short term maintenance, do you have to pair them every morning, when not to use them ( tips and tricks) things of that matter.

Basically a " if I had to do it all over again " or " I wish someone had told me this earlier" type of thread

I know it sounds like a lot but, I want to install these right and have them running at their best at all times.

Thank you

2. Member
    It's an easy install. If cutting a hole through fiberglass, run your hole saw in reverse for about 1/8" to make a "clean' hole. I would also prime the pumps and pair everything at home and not on the water. Also double check where the hoses will pass through to ensure there's enough clearance inside. Had I cut my holes without looking under the deck, I would cut a hole in the main fuel line.
    Edit: Only have to pair once.

3. Member
    Good to know:
    -Mount your pumps where you can easily reach them to add fluid, replace boards, pair w/ remotes & check for leaks.
    -Place oil absorbent pads (ones that don’t absorb water) under each pump to keep bilge clean.
    -I mounted both foot switches to the left of my tm pedal at first (like my talon foot switch was)….but moved them & have one on each side now.
    -Mount the helm remote with double sided tape ….not screws.
    -Run power to poles through master cutoff switch…..prevents accidental deployment on the road (kill power once on trailer).
    -Wear neck remote whenever fishing alone…..it might save your life.
    -Secure poles with an elastic strap when trailering…..helps prevent bushing wear.
    -Do not overtighten bolts…..causes premature bushing wear.
    -Don’t bother using cmonster app w/ iphone……very different than android videos on ppole website).
    -Set deployment speed to slow or medium……fast just makes more noise & spooks fish.
    -Run hoses through your splashwell rigging tube access if at all possible…..extra splashwell penetrations are potential leaks.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Thanks for the tips guys!

Cant wait to get things on!!

Good info Lightning6 - thanks. Also new pp owner here, have single older CM1 Pro II that came with the Skeeter ZX Package, hard to find one to match it, so may have upgrade to 2 new poles. Just bought boat so my bank account isn't liking that option though lol.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Good info Lightning6 - thanks. Also new pp owner here, have single older CM1 Pro II that came with the Skeeter ZX Package, hard to find one to match it, so may have upgrade to 2 new poles. Just bought boat so my bank account isn't liking that option though lol.
    here if needed

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    once paired they stay paired, the beauty of RF