Thread: 179 TRX

179 TRX

Anybody have one?

Not a speed demon, 50 mph is fine with me.

Loved the fit and finish of the 18 TRX so I expect the 179 to be pretty much the same. I haven't seen a 179 in person and might not be able to before I order one.

Only thing I see as an issue on the Youtube's is the distance between the front butt seat and the trolling motor pedal being a bit tight. Anyone use a regular seat?

2. Member
    I just purchased a 2021 189 TrX several months ago and people talked about the same thing with it. I have a friend that has the 179 and have had a chance to run the trolling motor while fishing his a good bit. It might be a bit closer than my old boat but didn't really notice the difference until it came up in a conversation while fishing with him out of his 179. Maybe it is the way I fish but I did use the butt seat on his as I do mine and I still really can't tell the difference. I also walk around of the front deck a lot and the 179 has a lot to walk around on. Fishing his 179 is one of the things that really convinced me to go with a triton. I think you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Anybody have one?

Not a speed demon, 50 mph is fine with me.

Loved the fit and finish of the 18 TRX so I expect the 179 to be pretty much the same. I haven't seen a 179 in person and might not be able to before I order one.

Only thing I see as an issue on the Youtube's is the distance between the front butt seat and the trolling motor pedal being a bit tight. Anyone use a regular seat?

3. Member
    If you know someone that has a 19 TRX, the distance from pedal to butt seat is the same as the 179 (I looked at 2020 models and I doubt they've changed). The 18/189 TRX and the 20TRX all have more distance here. I never moved the seat to the front when I had my 179, but the butt seat location was just awkwardly tight for me. It's a very good boat other than that.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    If you know someone that has a 19 TRX, the distance from pedal to butt seat is the same as the 179 (I looked at 2020 models and I doubt they've changed). The 18/189 TRX and the 20TRX all have more distance here. I never moved the seat to the front when I had my 179, but the butt seat location was just awkwardly tight for me. It's a very good boat other than that.
    I have a new 179 TRX and agree there could be more space there. I sit down to fish a lot and went to a 6 in offset to help with this issue.