AVX 1980 Scratch

I have the 1980 and goofed up, I put some minor scratches in the back on the transom near the gas tank. Vexus rep was great, sent me some touch up paint very quickly. But does anyone know if I can just put the touch up paint directly on the scratches and it will look ok? Or is there another process of applying/buffing? Thanks

Clean area with acetone or the like. Apply paint. If your ocd you will wet sand and buff with a 3M product.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Thank you, appreciate it.

4. Member
    I have scratches all over mine from fishing hard the past 20 months. I also got some touch up paint from Vexus but haven’t used It yet due to the same question you had. Didn’t want to mess It up and It look like spots of paint everywhere which to me would be worse than scratches.
    let us know how It goes
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    It's going to take some work to make it look nice. I say just leave it as and embrace nothing stays pristine.

6. Member
    Thats true, nothing stays pristine, but I personally want to keep my boat in as good a condition as possible. The reason being is that recreational vehicles depreciate really fast, and because of that I wont keep it to long. More than likely 4 years at the most, if I keep it that long. Since I have every plan to sell my AVX1980 in a few years and buy something else, I want to keep it in as good a condition as possible to get every dollar I can out of it. Which is why my 1980 is going to be wrapped next week. Ive already got a few scuffs on it from the dock, so im going to buff the scuffs out this weekend and have the boat vinyl wrapped. Will cost about 2k, but I think it will be worth the investment in a few years when I sell the boat.

7. Member
    I gave up on mine too. I fish with my Vexus hard. Scratches unfortunately are inevitable. Other than getting it professionally touched up, the boat will just have to continue building character. Lol!!