2000dc Transom Replacement Thoughts

Looking to replace a rotted transom on my year 1992 nitro 2000dc. Was going to cut in from the back on the flat section, but it seems like the transom continues into the bulges on each side. Just wondering what some thoughts are. Thinking about doing it from the inside. Don't want to pull the cap off, looks like I could not pull it by cutting around the splash well.

IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6704.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg

2. Member
    First of all, stop cutting holes in it. Making more work for yourself. Use a 1/8in drill bit, drill just thru the "skin" probe the hole for rot. If your core is sound under the rear sponson you don't need to remove it. You can replace just what can be cut all the way around leaving 3 inches of skin to work back to. I cut 4-5 pieces of new Coosa Bluewater 26 core and pre-fit them under the flanges so they are tight enough together under the engine area for the epoxy to solidify. If the rot goes all the way across it's bad. Your boat's value is much less than the bill to have it fixed. All composite bass boats are out there for $5K sometimes less. My bud bought a very nice 18ft all composite Bumble Bee for $4400. Maybe put a thousand in it for a great boat. Find out how far the rot goes and post back up here. There are enough of us here that have done variable repair techniques to get you back on the water, to give you good advice.

3. Member
    I did one one, a piece of shit Eliminator. Some clown at a dealership filled it full of hot resin, it was so hot it made the gel coat sag, yeah that's hot.

Cut the back off the boat, dug all that stupidity out, glassed the fiberglass back on leaving an empty hole for the new transom.
    I put the bolts back in for the jack plate and the stern eye's, held it in place while I dumped in the sea cast. I used a piece of rebar and a vibrator to get it to flow throughout the void. Wax on the bolts bade it easy to pull them out, the holes were threaded from the rock solid seacast.

About 2-3 weeks later the boat was rear ended and it was totaled, what luck.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    I did one one, a piece of shit Eliminator. Some clown at a dealership filled it full of hot resin, it was so hot it made the gel coat sag, yeah that's hot.

Cut the back off the boat, dug all that stupidity out, glassed the fiberglass back on leaving an empty hole for the new transom.
    I put the bolts back in for the jack plate and the stern eye's, held it in place while I dumped in the sea cast. I used a piece of rebar and a vibrator to get it to flow throughout the void. Wax on the bolts bade it easy to pull them out, the holes were threaded from the rock solid seacast.

About 2-3 weeks later the boat was rear ended and it was totaled, what luck.
    Was your wife OK with you using the vibrator? LOL!
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

Transom (2).jpgTransom (1).jpgTransom A.jpgTransom B.jpgTransom C.jpgTransom D.jpgTransom H.jpgTransom K.jpg

Do a search here on "rojoguio" Champion complete transom replacement...... Lot of good info and a life saver.

6. Member
    WAY COOL Clamping, looks like my work.............

Ya gotta do with what you got……..

There’s actually a forklift involved but out of the pictures.

9. Member
    I have a 91 200DC (and almost the same color too) and I also have to replace the transom. I plan on the Sea Cast or Carbon Core route once I get the engine removed.
    (SOLD) 88 WINNER Tournament 2000
    Mercury XR6 150 6"JP 25p Tempest 61mph loaded
    Minn Kota Maxxum 80 - Humminbird 899/858

I just wanna fish....